We only stayed here one night, but wow was this place spectacular! We were in room 3 and the room was extraordinary. We had a porch with a view of the ocean and the entire front wall were windows to the same view. It reminded me of a modern bungalow in the jungle. I just wish they invested in the beach property and provided chairs and umbrellas. It's a long steep walk, so a little more comfort at the beach would have been lovely. Also, I would recommend booking here if you intend to have a car, as you will otherwise need to walk up a very steep and windy road to get to the main road to try different restaurants and such. Taxis are very expensive (one charged us the equivalent of $8 to take us about 1/2 mile). Overall a wonderful place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park