A beautiful hotel on a hill overlooking the ocean, surrounded by jungle. We had luxury renovated villa, well-designed, with comfortable bed and a private pool. There is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Also there is a very nice private beach, with not many people. The restaurant serves excellent food and drinks, in large portions. The food, which was offered in the hotel was way better than in most of restaurants in town. Number of animals is higher than in National Park, there are several species of monkeys, sloths, toucans and colibri. We have also seen whales swimming in our bay.
We felt very comfortable as there was very professional, attentive and friendly staff in the hotel. Most importantly, we felt really safe here.
This is a great place for a honeymoon or romantic getaway.
We will definitely come here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park