A wonderful, quiet retreat, hidden in the trees, surrounded by flowers and a sea view to die for. Each room has its own big balcony with a view, with relaxing hammock and cane chair set. Breakfast is served here. I was a bit sceptical about that to start with but it worked perfectly.
We had a huge bed and delightful big bathroom. We also had a little dining and kitchen area so i had tea in bed in the morning and we pulled back the floor to ceiling windows and took in the view. You are very high up so you can watch the passing of the boats and admire the antics of the monkeys who ar swinging around in the surrounding trees, at the same time.
The pool is also a delight and as this is an adults only venue it is quite quiet. Cocktails at 4pm and a dip after the sightseeing - perfect. Food is excellent here both for lunch and dinner. However you can walk up to the main road about 10 minutes and get to other nice restaurants.
The only thing we would not recommend is going to the park at the weekend and in high season. It is the main route to the beach and therefore packed with people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park