My boyfriend and I were in Costa Rica and stayed at Hotel Makanda for 5 nights. We loved this place from the moment we arrived. Since there are only 11 rooms in total (max occupancy 2 people per room), you really feel like you are the only people staying there. We can across a few other guests at the pool or en route from our studio, but other than that, you really feel like the place is all yours. Also the fact that is is an adult only resort, doesn't hurt one bit! Our studio # 11 was secluded in the beautiful rainforest and had an AMAZING ocean view. Every morning we woke up, ordered our breakfast and sat on the balcony admiring the wildlife and listening to the sound of waves. The staff at the resort are very helpful and accommodating! They reserved our tours for us and helped us with a minor transportation issue we had. There is a free shuttle to the beach (one way, so you will need to take a taxi back... costs about 5 colones- $10) but totally worth it! The restaurant at the hotel is delicious, they have traditional Costa Rican style food along with burgers, steaks, pizza, etc. We ate there every night, never had a bad dish!
Aside from the sunburn that we both got (I would seriously recommend SPF 50 or higher), our trip to the picturesque Costa Rica was perfect, and we truly feel it was because of Hotel Makanda and their staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park