Fantastic & romantic boutique hotel. Loved it from the second we arrived - pictures don't do it justice. All the rooms are private & wonderfully integrated w/ the jungle.
Only 12 or so villas and studios- so very private.
Loved the walk to the beach and running the quiet streets in the morning for exercise.
Monkeys and sloths all over the place.
Pool was amazing. Drinks at pool were great, too. Breakfast is great, as everyone else says, too.
For our last night, Makanda was booked, so we moved to Arenas Del Mar. Down the street from each other. Arenas was nice too but Cheryl different. We preferred Makanda without a doubt.
Walk to town for dinner was very easy. Flashlight in the room - 15 mins tops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park