My GF and I were wandering around Manuel Antonio looking for a place to crash for the night, after looking (and then running away) about 3 other places we saw the Makanda entrance and were intrigued. The guy at reception was so great, he showed us one of the suites avail which was GORGEOUS, exactly the aesthetic the snobby angelino in me loves and then offered us a fantastic deal since it's low season. I couldn't have been happier with our amazingly beautiful room and the FABULOUS service. Our room was spotless, and thoughtful. Everything we needed was there, and the views are just to die for. We went and had some drinks at the pool and the bartender (Rasta?) was so wonderful and took such great care of us, and gave us some seriously amazing restaurant recos. I can not wait to come back to this hotel and stay for longer than one night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park