Our stay in Manuel Antonio couldn't have been more perfect! This boutique hotel is gated and small. You feel as though you are amongst the few elite that are allowed to enjoy such beauty and service.
Our villa was sitting above lush jungle, with a perfect view of the Pacific. The entire front of the villa was glass, with large sliding doors to let the sounds and fragrances in. As we relaxed in our hammock, we truly forgot everything and became one with nature! The villa offered us everything we could want for a romantic anniversary. Privacy, comfort, kitchen, amazing views and AMAZING VIEWS! WOW!
We awoke each morning to the brilliance of the ocean glistening directly in front of us, and watched each evening as the sky changed colors with the setting of the sun. Our canopied, king bed was romance personified. Housekeeping ensured that we had a special animal on our bed to greet us when we returned each day. Flower petals were spread over the bed and used to give our creatures character. Lovely touch. Thank you Makanda Housekeeping for your time in giving our stay just one more perfect touch.
The kitchen was open and airy, with pacific blue tile and wood. It all blended naturally to the vista around us. The only requirement for cooking a great meal, was the food, but with the great food offered at the restaurant or by room service, we found no need to spend anytime cooking. The step-down living room was large enough to entertain several new friends in comfort. The furnishings were just enough and nicely laid out. The colors of the room were in keeping with the splendid hues laid out before us.
We really liked the two entrances to the villa. The first opens into a private small garden, with a landing leading to another door to the room itself. We were able to remove our shoes and leave the umbrella there without bringing them inside or leaving them to the elements outside.
The restaurant is set by the pool and very romantic. The draped area offers you, both shelter from the occasional rain shower and intimacy for that special dinner. Our chef was Randall and he was extremely accommodating. Thanks Randall, for your special drink you prepared just for me! Delicious!!! Great food and great company was the theme of our meals at Makanda.
The infinity pool transitioned to jungle without any disruption. It is set down a hillside, and surrounded by tropical flora a fauna. Birds, geckos and butterflies seem to love the property as much as we did, as there was always some show that these beautiful creatures were putting on for us.
Everyone at Makanda by the Sea became like a friend to us during our stay. We were treated warmly and with great respect.
For anyone considering this property, please don't hesitate. It is a special place and will remain in your memory long after you have returned back to the real world!
Gracias Amigos at Makanda by the Sea...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park