My wife and I stayed at Makanda by the Sea for our belated honeymoon back in April 2012. The hotel is laid out nicely with very private cabinas scattered in the jungle. They have a very nice infinity pool overlooking jungle and ocean. The food was good. The service was a little casual and the staff, while helpful, was not very courteous and at times hard to locate... They have a 'private' beach that's about a 15 minute walk, but don't be fooled, its VERY steep... I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend, but I do think its a little expensive! Overall, I enjoyed my stay. I especially liked that they deliver the delicious breakfast to your room... That is a nice touch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park