Travelled to Manuel Antonio on several occasions. You can't beat the location and beaches.
Always wanted to stay at Makanda. In the past would come up from the beach and dip into their awesome pool and enjoy drinks with a sunset.
Rooms offer privacy and open verandas. Was kindly upgraded to a villa and enjoyed a large room, bathroom, comfortable lounging areas, and low key and attentive service. A bit dated as most hotels seem to be in this area, but nothing of poor taste as you might find in Hawaii. Hotel is walkable to main and more secluded beaches. Also a nice walk to the main road. There are many options in Manuel Antonio. What I like about Makanda is the location and the fact the let the "guest" be a guest. The energy of the hotel allows you to ease into a wonderful vacation. Could easily have stayed longer.
Can't beat the sunsets framed by beautiful trees. Food is great and breakfasts were plentiful.
Had a bit of a rough time traveling in Nicaragua and had no doubt my escape to Manuel Antonio would relieve my memories from the week before. Thanks Leo and Darian for a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park