“G Adventures Tour - Costa Rica Quest Aug 2012” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel California

Save Saved
You added Hotel California to your Saves list
Hotel California
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 mts east from Blue Monkey Hotel, Manuel Antonio National Park 139, Costa Rica   |
Toronto, Canada
“G Adventures Tour - Costa Rica Quest Aug 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My man and I stayed here after 7 awesome but long days of traveling around CR and this was by far the best hotel we stayed in.

It's location was key as it was halfway between the town of Quepos and Manuel Antonio national park.

The room was beautiful and spacious and there was a sweet mini fridge right in the room to assure our cervesas would be ready to be taken down poolside. Also a coffee maker - key. The staff were very friendly and the view from our room was breathtaking. We had a sweet little balcony too where the sun hit just right in order to dry off our laundry.

And man that pool was legendary.

Also, on your walk down to the street you're guaranteed to spot some cute spider monkeys or sloths. Happy travels!

Room Tip: Stayed in room 35. AMAZING view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
San Jose, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights with my sister and my nephew. Let's start with the Pros:

-Breakfast was OK

-Staff is friendly

-Pool cocktails are kinda lame

Now with the cons:

-Their inventory is poor. Breakfast was included but they did not have avocado so they could not offer various breakfast dishes. This happened on the 2nd day as well, day in which they had also run out of Splenda.

-You have to ask for towels for the room, we had to ask 5 times to get them, which was kinda irritating.

-The room smelled heavily of some bug spray and smelled like that for a while. I appreciate the fact that they are getting rid of bugs, but they should do something to dissipate smell.

-Location-wise, it's OK...not on main road and you have to drive to get to the beach, I would not walk it.

Since I did not do the reservation, I am not sure what's around that would be a better option, but I definitely would research again if I decided to stay in MA in the future before booking here.

Room Tip: Although expensive, I'd recommend having dinner in Gaia nearby, great food.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
C.R.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

i guess the tittle syas everything , and i feel like i was in my house , very good staff so very nice, beutyfull property.close from quepos y manuel antonio!, peaceful pool, great view from the restaurant , big room.

Room Tip: second floor for the view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel. Check in was easy as we were part of a group.

My room (20) was gorgeous. Big four poster bed, lots of space and very clean.

The pool was lovely and refreshing and the pool towels were handy.

Breakfast was amazing! I loved the chocolate pancakes.

• Stayed August 2012
Pensacola, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We go to Costa every year. Although there are lots of places I have yet to explore, I always spend time at the Hotel California near Quepos. A tropical five-star hotel with great service, it is a remarkable experience. The staff, Haylin Arroyo and her coworker Jesse, we now call family.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Hola, my name is Lorena, I stayed at the California Hotel week of 7/16/2012.
The staff : Alex, Alonso helped us out with arrangements from airport to the hotel
Haylin, Edgar Vivi and Irwin provided us with their knowledge of the tours and the
goings on in Manuel Antonio. Always a happy group willing to help us out.
I had a great time and they made my stay welcoming. Did not want to leave.
Thanks to all the staff.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Pinellas Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Six years in a row and nothing but a very peacful, relaxing time.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and have a beautiful view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel California? Share your experiences!