“Great service and hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Didi's Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manuel Antonio National Park
Didi's Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Didi's Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Manuel Antonio Rd., Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica   |
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
“Great service and hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

Our stay @ Didi's was very comfortable, especially the nice room, many colors and a beautiful garden. It was very hot, so we would definitley recommend the airco (which are available in all the rooms). Enzio, the owner, is very friendly and knows his way around Quepos, MA and Costa Rica. He gave us a lot of tips, he especially went with us to the policestation, because our suitcase was stolen. Totally our fault, it had nothing to do with the B&B. Without him, it was hard to get there and get everything done around the reporting.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

This wonderful B&B, has been the best. A lovely spacious room with good bathroom and romantic balcony.

The owner is very friendly and helps you out the best he can.
Didi's certainly has been one of the highlights of our vacation.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

This little B&B was disappointing. The bed & breakfast seems to be beyond the good times that other tripadvisor members have experienced. The owner was friendly, but seemd not very 'present'. The rooms in itself are OK, but not cleaned properly. Lots of dust in corners, under cabinets in bathtub etc. Most important, the beds were clear luckily.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

It is a sweet Bed and Breakfast that is run by an true Italian gentleman. He greeted us at the door with his very enthusiastic black lab, Ulysses. He puts out our breakfast every morning and he was also the one to call anywhere as well as invite us to his quarters to make reservations on his year 2005 computer.

This is not a fancy place, but it is romantic. The Inn has a tropical charm with many open spaces: french doors, patios and balconies. The room is surprisingly cool when you turn on the ceiling fan. Manuel Antonio is sweltering hot. The electrically heated shower is all the hot water you will need. I looked forward to showering three times a day in that shower.

The location is good. The Inn is midway between the national park and the town of Quepo. It is walkable to either sites but remember the day is humid and hot and the street has no sidewalks or even a safe buffer zone for pedestrians. It is better to have Ezio call a car. He is such a gentleman that he just offered to drive us because he was also going the same direction at that time to walk his dog.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Bend, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

We loved staying here. The owner, Ezio was very kind and helpful and went out of his way to give us inside info on things to do and see. He even spent time translating directions and printing them out for us so that we could go to a waterfall that was off the beaten touist path. It was a lovely spot to spend the day. The hotel was quiet and clean and has a lovely little pool. The breakfast was fresh and delicious with fresh sqeezed OJ. The room we had was very large and even had a kitchen that wasn't advertised. I would definately stay here again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable place with very nice owner with lots of good recommendations.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

We stayed for 3 nights and almost came back later in our trip because we liked it so much! Ezio is an amazing host. Our 2 year old still talks about him months later. There were monkeys in the trees right outside our room and we didn't find the road/bar traffic to be bad at all. We loved the intimacy and character of Didi's. Our daughter swam for hours in his little pool. Make sure to eat dinner, Ezio is an incredible cook. I'd recommend it to anyone wishing for an authentic and relaxing stay.

• Liked — The host
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
global
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

My husband (62) and I (50) stayed here for 3 weeks while exploring the Quepos/ Manuel Antonio area. Ezio was the perfect host. I am not one to want all of the amenities, just a place that I can use as a basecamp and someone to answer my questions. Didi's provided this along with a wonderful breakfast. (I also recommend you get Ezio to cook you dinner sometime.) Ezio picked me up supplies in town serveral times when I needed it and he arranged for a unforgettable evening sail for my husband and my anniversary. Our room was spacious with a small kitchenette. A/C is optional but the ceiling fan was plenty. The small pool is perfect for just cooling off; it is a large spa size, not a swimming size. The porch was a great place to sit and relax. I do agree with previous reviewers that this is not a place for everyone.
PROS:
Ezio is a wonderful host and is willing to help anyway reasonable.
Rooms and public areas are kept clean and comfortable.
Breakfast is excellent with an option for eggs, bacon.
Sitting in a hill provides a nice breeze.
The large room with the kitchenette is on the lower floor near the pool. Recommend this room instead of one upstairs. Double doors open on the porch and provide great ventilation.
The dog is wonderful, friendly, and polite. He's a labrador, afterall. Ulyses would keep me company at night, when Ezio was out, lying on the floor under the fan. If you don't like dogs, he is not overbaring and will leave you alone. I invited him in since I missed the company of my own animals.
Close to Quepos but away from the town noise and congestion.
Walking distance to the spanish school, Escuela D'Amore.
Bus stop very close.
Great locally owned restaurant within walking distance - Ambrosia. Great food!!!!

CONS:
Here the biggest problem I have with this hotel/B&B - it's located above the road on top of the ridge so construction trucks engage the air brakes just as they pass the hotel. This is very noisy but does not occur late in the evening. However, it was noisy in the morning while eating breakfast on the porch. That said, most of the hotels are along this same highway.
The floor above squeaks when people are in the rooms above the large kitchnette room. Fortunately, the floors only cover the back half of the large room, not the front half where the bed is located. We were not bothered by the squeak at all when going to bed at night.
It is next to a strip club, but there was never any problem, noise, or other indicators of the club next door. It just gave us a place to tell the cab driver when they were'nt familiar with the hotel name. They always knew where the club was. My husband got a couple of chuckles when using the club as the destination.
No matter where you are in this area, there are no good places to walk. The road is narrow and cars drive fast. We did walk to Quepos almost everyday, but most people would not want to do this. I just hate not being able to walk everywhere.
No ocean views, but you are not paying for ocean views!

I do not recommend this place for those with children or people who have trouble climbing stairs (steps up from the road to the porch are several), or those wanted to be pampered and catered to. This is a comfortable, no frills, delightful B&B that we considered perfect!! My husband said I could not have done any better in finding a place to stay.

• Liked — atmosphere, host, location to school where I was in class
  • Disliked — Highway noise in the morning at breakfast
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Didi's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!