“Good Enough” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica   |
Cathedral City, California
“Good Enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Our room was clean and had nice balcony with a beautiful view! I loved listening to the howler monkeys at night and seeing the white-faced monkeys down jump around the trees. However, be prepared to deal with the natural Costa-Rican elements (i.e- bugs, bugs, bugs!). They weren't nasty bugs, but just annoying. Additionally, the pool was so-so. The restaurant was pretty good and had a gorgeous view! There are a lot of other restaurants within walking distance, including some bars for late-night folk. I'm a pretty fit person, but the walk to the beach was a little too far to walk for me. Overall, it was a decent stay for the price. The only way to get better is to pay a lot more.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Maribor, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

The room i get war really nice, good 3 stars. The view fantastic, walk to the beach nice, for some one who likes to walk, but on the way bach go with a bus (really easy to reach with a bus for some cents). Everyone was nice, only the pool wasn't relay my think. It was clean, but just for a short bath to cool down, there is not so nice that someone likes to stay there for hour and take the sun. I recommend the hotel, because the price is OK, sure there are better options to stay en M.A. but for much more of money.

Room Tip: Bigger rooms for 3-4 people are verry nice. Smaler for just 2 not so much.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

The location of this place is great. We got a two story villa with kitchen and the view was amazing. My family and I had ample space. There were two showers and for being half outside it was pretty clean. The staff is very helpful. There will be bugs and other insects so be on the lookout. It rains alot so bring a pancho or umbrella. The power does go out from time to time too, but not a big deal if you are on adventure. We got one of the staff to hire a cook to come cook us a costa rican meal for like $40 and it was so good. We also rented a car in San Jose and drove their and it was an easy drive from the airport and all around the park. Make sure you white water raft, catarmaran, parasail, and visit the manual antonio. The restaurants close by are expensive, but for the most part are great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during my last night in Costa Rica. We stayed in 11 mid which is a large suite. From our room you could enjoy a great view of the pacific ocean. The room was huge, and it was equipped with a kitchen, dining table, and two beds. The room was clean, and the hotel staff was extremely helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone but especially to people traveling in groups since the apartments are perfect for this kind of trips. This hotel is part of a big complex of villas. Some Villas are part of the Hotel and some others have private owners. I was told by locals that the private ones are in much better conditions. The only inconvenience I found were the windows in my apartment. The windows had a translucent bamboo curtain not too good in terms of privacy since you could see through them especially at night when the lights in the room are on and its dark outside. This was especially bad since my room was right in front of the hotel's restaurant.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a four night stay at Villas El Parque in Manuel Antonio. This hotel/apartment was much more than we expected. We arrived very early but Henry and Michael were so helpful showing us to our room and helping us book the tours we wanted. We stayed in 11 mid, which I think is the large suite. The room was absolutely perfect for us! A nice big clean bathroom, a full kitchen with most of the things we have at home. The hammock and full wall window which opens fully was our favorite. One of the beds was not super comfy but the other was very nice. Overall I found this place to exceed expectations; it was very clean and close to everything. I think the Villas El Parque is right about in the middle of the road from Quepos to Manuel Antonio National Park. The two beaches we could walk (hike) to were between 30-40 minutes from our door or we could take the $.50 bus 10 minutes down the road and be at Manuel Antonio beach. We loved the view, trails, wildlife, pool and friendliness of the staff at the Villas El Parque. We can’t wait to return to this wonderful place…

Pura Vida :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

The view is amazing and the location is perfect! The staff was very helpful and set up all of our daily activities. It is a 5 min ride to the beach by bus which costs 50 cents and the bus stop is just down the street. The restaurant associated with the hotel is great and the location is next to a bunch of other great restaurants!

• Stayed February 2012
Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

After spending a considerable amount of time at Villas El Parque (months), I feel that I can offer an adequate opinion. My experience has been great and I have recommended Villas El Parque to family and friends.

If you are looking for a 5 Star facility, you will not find it here. Nor will you find 5 Star pricing. What you will find is charm, comfort, cleanliness and security. You will also find a great location and fabulous views.

In response to a recent negative review I feel compelled to add that many of the condos at Villas El Parque are individually owned, meaning that on-site management is limited in what they control. However, general maintenance items and cleanliness are attended to immediately upon request.

The management, housekeeping and maintenance staff are professional, friendly, and attentive, striving to ensure your stay is enjoyable (Thank you Henry, Micheal, Selena, Luis, Jason and Enrique). If you are unsure of what to see and do during your visit, the staff will make recommendations and guide you to what you value for your vacation. Security is first-rate and I have never seen safety become an issue.

The pool provides a jungle atmosphere to refresh and relax, always clean and inviting. A connecting rancho is perfect for poolside snacks and shade from the sun. Flowering plants seem to bloom year round and the landscaping evokes the feeling of nature and peace.

Villas El Parque is centrally located, allowing easy access to all points of interest. Restaurants, bars, banks and shopping are within 5 minutes walking distance. A 15 minute walk will get you to the beach and national park area. The bus stop is less than a 5 minute walk and taxis are abundant. The grocery store, which is only a 10 minute walk, will deliver.

Villas El Parque's ambience charms you and gives you a true taste of Costa Rica. Monkeys swing through, iguanas sunbathe, butterflies and hummingbirds flit about, and sloths are sighted hanging in the trees. A view of the ocean is the icing on the cake.

As for the few reviews here complaining of noise, yes there is some noise. It comes with the great location and the fact that Manuel Antonio attracts many tourists. However, the businesses within earshot close at reasonable hours. I personally am not bothered by the street noises nor the noise of other establishments and consider their proximity beneficial.

Signed: A discriminating Texas lady who has traveled the world, always staying in 4 and 5 star hotels.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Villas El Parque? Share your experiences!