“Wonderful Hotel and Incredible View!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Villas El Parque

You added Hotel Villas El Parque to your Saves list
Hotel Villas El Parque
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   KM 4, Carretera a Manuel Antonio Beach | Antonio frente a latitud 9, Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica   |
Brooklyn, New York
“Wonderful Hotel and Incredible View!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I have stayed at Villas El Parque twice this past year while visiting Manuel Antonio, and I would highly recommend it. The rooms are not luxurious, but they are large, charming, and well-equipped (e.g. kitchens, front porches with hammocks, tables, chairs, couches). Both times, I stayed in Room #18, and the view from this room (and, it seems, from all rooms) is absolutely incredible. From the porch, you can see out over the Pacific and the park. It is worth staying here for the view alone.

However, there are other great aspects of Villas El Parque. First, there are great opportunities to see wildlife. The first time I stayed at the hotel, as we were being shown to our room, we saw many lizards and a sloth up in a nearby tree. We also slept to the sound of howler monkeys. Second, they have a really nice pool. It's large and well-maintained and was the perfect spot to end a day on the beach. I would also like to point out that even though they don't have a restaurant on the premises, a good restaurant called Agua Azul is right above the reception area and is open for lunch and dinner; plus, there is a delicious breakfast cafe across the street.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

The view from this hotel trumps everything and makes up for any shortcomings (of which there are few). The rooms were spacious, simple yet clean, and comfortable. The terrasse is the best part. The beds were a tad lumpy and the shower and air conditioner could have used a bit of maintenance but otherwise it is great. Everything you need!. The hotel is very close to many of the best restaurants in Manuel Antonio and only a few short minutes from the National Park and beaches. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Although some of the services listed in the hotel brochure were not available they were minor.

• Stayed March 2011
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

We arrived around 7:30pm after getting lost on our way to Quepos - thankfully the office stayed open to wait for us (although we had no idea the office closed at 7 - something to ensure people know when they book). The room was large, had a cute kitchen and living area, with a huge terrace with dining table and hammock. The hammock could stand to be replaced as could the air conditioner, but the place was very charming and completely met our needs. We had an excellent stay, although I had to double up the two pads from the couch to sleep on because the air conditioner didn't cool off the whole room, and the beds were sunken in and concave anyway. Overall, for a dated hotel, it is great, but I would say that it needs some repair and maintenance to make sure things work properly. We are not very high maintenance so we really enjoyed it, but a more distinguishing traveler would definitely want screens that close properly (there are a LOT of ants and bugs), better towels, newer beds and better air conditioners. The fridge didn't work if the air conditioner was on, but I assume that's a wiring thing. Either way, we loved Villas el Parque, and although we had pretty much no interaction with staff, we would stay there again if we got a competitive rate.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Costa Rica for the first time last year and was unsure of what to expect. The Villas El Parque in Manuel Antonio were beyond our greatest expectations. The villas are quaintly tucked away in the rain forest. We stayed in #15 and the view of the water and forest were amazing. Every morning I would wake up, grab a cup of coffee, sit in the most comfortable hammock in the world, and watch monkeys and other wild life play amongst the canopies. The upstairs bedroom is a dream. The bed faces the balcony with doors that open up for the view. The shower is spacious and has windows that overlook the ocean. The downtairs has a full kitchen with coffee maker. The bedroom has two comfortable queen size beds. There are also padded benches near the downstairs balcony of which can also be used for a place to rest your head.

The area is beautiful and well priced. There are many activities to do in Manuel Antonio as well as Quepos. My husband and I went white water rafting and it ranked in the top 5 things I've ever done. There is also a well secluded beach within walking distance of the villas.

Overall I would rate my stay a 9 out of 10. The accomodations exceeded my expectations. The villas aren't a cushy 5 star hotel with maid service and cabana boys, but that is NOT what I want or expect when staying in a rain forest. #15 was comfortable, spacious, and well maintained. If I was going to live in Costa Rica I would want to live in these villas. It truly felt like a home in the rain forest. We even had gecko porch pets that would entertain us in the evenings. My husband and I will be returning to villa #15 in a couple of months and I've already started a countdown due to my excitement!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Adventuremonkey4
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

We stayed in unit #15 for 4 nights and loved it. The staff ( Michael and Henry) were especially helpful in recommending tours, arranging transportation and helping to sort out a scheduling problem with a tour company.

The apartment was serviced daily with fresh towels and bath soap. Bring your own shampoo though. As others have stated you can walk to the beach, but it's about a 20 minute walk. Not bad down the hill but not pleasant coming back up. There are buses and cabs that come by the Villa frequently so getting around without a car is not a problem.

The apartment is comfortable and well equipped with everything one needs to cook. We walked to the local supermarket, bought our food and cooked most of our meals. The balcony is quite private with a breathtaking view of the water. The complex has a lovely pool and hot tub which we enjoyed and usually had to ourselves. We even met the resident iguana, Carlita.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Ferndale, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

I was so impressed with the stay here. Super warm and cozy, the view was unbeatable. Overlooking both the water and the jungle! In the evening you can watch and hear the monkeys from the hammock in your room! Walking distance to good restaurants and a cool little cafe called Cafe Milargo right across the road. Only a couple minutes from the national park. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

Let me preface this review by saying that my husband and I are not picky at all. We are not bothered easily and I think we have sent food back one time in our entire lives and we very rarely complain. I think it's helpful to know a little about the reviewed, because a lot times I read people's reviews who are nothing like me and have a totally different opinion. So with that being said:

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at Villas el Parque. The view was spectacular! We were in #5, which is right next to the road so it was loud and we were right across from the outdoor restaurant, so we didnt have much privacy. The restaurant was closed our first night there because it was a Wednesday, but after that it was pretty loud and people could easily see our balcony. The room is unspectacular, but you will spend most of your time on the balcony lounging in the hammock or comfy seating area anyway. The person who greeted us from reception when we arrived was very friendly and helpful. You do have to take the bus or a taxi to and from the beach and to and from Quepos, but the bus is only 50 cents, so we did that most of the time. I heard the restaurant at the hotel is great, but we didnt eat there- it was extremely busy and had an hour and a half wait. Overall, we enjoyed our stay there. We paid $110/night which was much more than we paid for our other hotels in CR and Nicaragua, but I think the view made it worth it.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple