We went with a group of 8 guys and I was skeptical that we were going to a romantic getaway and that we would be extremely out of place. Well, the trip and the villas blew me away. The staff was great and Mauricio had some great activities set up for us (Whitewater Rafting, Deep Sea Fishing, and Ziplining). The restaurants and nightlife in the area were great as well. If you go Javier will make you a damn good Pina Colada.
The location and the service were second to none. It was extremely easy to book, we used www.4tulemar.com and booked through Dave.
My one word of advice is to avoid gambling at all costs. We went to casinos 3 times and saw about 20-25 people lose EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY SAT DOWN AT THE TABLE. And not just lose, but get cleaned out in 10 minutes. They aren't playing with legit decks.
Wish I was still there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows, Buena Vista Villas and privately owned villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes and Villa Kiskadee. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park