We stayed at Tulemar in an upper Villa Mot Mot for 4 days in late July 2010. It was by far the best part of our entire trip. The bungalows were perfect for our family of 4 (two kids, ages 6 and 9). We loved being greeted each morning by white-faced and spider monkeys. The grounds were beautiful, too, and we were able to see sloths, toucans, and other wildlife while there. It was such a special place. We loved, loved, loved the beach. The waves were just right for my younger children but were big enough for us adults as well. The hotel provided boogey boards, chairs, and towels plus had food and drink service at the beach as well. It was so relaxing and fun. The shuttle was prompt and the people courteous. Our villa was near the infinity pool which we enjoyed quick dips in each afternoon. Diego greeted us the first night, helped us get settled in, even getting us pizza delivered in the rain so we wouldn't have to go out. He also helped with our pre-trip planning and arranged a very reasonable tour of the national park. Christopher took us a tour of the grounds, answered our many questions, and helped with every detail. They helped make the trip run smoothly and were always available to help out. The villa was clean, the kitchen was well-stocked, the balcony and hammock were such fun, and the view was amazing. The national park was also close by so we enjoyed a morning tour there as well (though next time I would ask for a different, more experienced guide). We also enjoyed a few restaurants near the hotel and felt we were close enough to conveniences but it didn't feel crowded. I cannot say enough about this hotel and highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows, Buena Vista Villas and privately owned villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes and Villa Kiskadee. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park