We arrived at Tulemar and were greeted by our personal concierge, Chris, who explained everything and was available continuously throughout our stay. He was so fantastic we can't say enough nice things about him. He was even available on his day off! The Villa was beautiful and clean and modern with all modern conveniences as well. The beach had free use of boogie boards, kayaks, etc. and a bar/outdoor dining area. The food at their poolside restaurant was really great (I loved the seafood soup) as were the meals we had at the local restaurants. It was really nice to go out for a day excursion and then to be able to walk to a variety of restaurants all within the equivalent of a four city block radius. There are also nearby supermarkets if you want to eat some meals in your villa. Tulemar offers a variety of excursions to choose from such as white water rafting, zip lining, wildlife hikes/rides, evening mangrove boat tours, and more. They are all outside tour companies that Tulemar has experience with. The tour companies have enthusiastic bilingual guides as well as a photographer who takes photos and some take videos during your expeditions. They then sell you a disc with the pictures/videos for anywhere from $40 to $60. Initially this felt like a scam but in reality, even if you have a waterproof camera or GoPro, the photographer gets pictures from a different vantage point and you get to enjoy the adventure. Our son used his GoPro and we were glad we bought the picture discs as well so we could have pictures of all of us and they were really high resolution photos. We waited years until our kids were old enough to go on a trip like this and it was a fantastic trip! We will definitely return to Tulemar (and Chris) in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows, Buena Vista Villas and privately owned villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes and Villa Kiskadee. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park