My family (my husband, me and our two sons, ages 14 and 11) ended our week-long vacation in Costa Rica with a 3 night stay at Casa Cielito at Tulemar. As soon as we opened the door to the Villa we were immediately wishing we had booked it for longer! The property is quite possibly the most gorgeous place we have ever stayed. The view is absolutely spectacular from all of the roooms - although we spent most of our time on the balcony (including eating all of our dinners there - because why go out and miss the sunset??). The casa is well furnished - gourmet kitchen, jacuzzi on the balcony, smart TV, luxury bedding, washer/dryer, etc. And the indoor/outdoor showers were fantastic!
Chris, our concierge, was great. He (and Julien) answered all of my zillions of questions with patience as I was planning the trip. Chris set up a couple of activities for us (Canopy Safari ziplines - BIG thumbs up, highlight of our trip - and horseback riding with Brisas del Nara - which was OK, but not great). We did have one small glitch with the planning of the zip line but it wasn't major.
Chris also gave us a tour of the grounds when we arrived, checked in with us daily, and even brought us a plate of warm brownies that were delicious. Chris also set us up with private chef Jose and his assistant Rudy for a gourmet dinner for our last night. That was a big splurge for us but well worth it. The food was delicious and the service was perfect. My only wish is that we had thought to do it on the first night so we could have eaten the leftovers instead of leaving that all behind when we checked out.
The grounds are incredible. We saw more wildlife here than anywhere else on our trip. Sloths, monkeys, lizards, iguanas, birds and butterflies. The landscaping is lush and the flowers are bright and beautiful. We loved the pools and the beach is even nicer than Manuel Antonio - which is saying something! We just wished we had more time to chill there to enjoy the beach.
The location is perfect - between Manuel Antonio beach and Quepos. There are restaurants and grocery stores within walking distance. We loved El Avion restaurant with its beautiful view and surprisingly great food.
If you stay at Tulemar, be sure to plan for enough time to just relax and enjoy. It is a wonderful place to stay, and the service is top notch. We can't wait to go back and visit again!
Reading other reviews for here and other places in Costa Rica, I know that people can be concerned about safety. But I have to say we experienced nothing but wonderful, friendly, warm people and we never felt unsafe. That said, we also were careful - we locked up valuables when we were out of the house, didn't leave anything in plain view in the car, and someone always sat with our stuff at the beach.
We rented a car and drove all over and found the roads to be better than we expected. The road from San Jose to Manuel Antonio is relatively new and well paved. Up near Arenal it's a little more rustic but still decent. Just be prepared for twisty, hilly roads and bring dramamine if you have people who are motion sick. :)
Overall, this was ranked as one of our best family vacations!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows, Buena Vista Villas and privately owned villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes and Villa Kiskadee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Tulemar Bungalows & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park