Tulemar Bungalows and Villas is one of the few resorts in Manuel Antonio with its own private beach. You can walk down the winding paths and roads through the gated community, take a shuttle or walk the short nature trails to the quiet, crescent-shaped beach which offers both sun and shade (and always an abundance of wildlife sightings--monkeys, SLOTHS, iguanas, exotic birds, crabs and more!). Boogie boards, kayaks and snorkeling equipment are free to use and drinks and food service are also available.
The bungalows and villas are tastefully built into a steep, forested cliff above the Pacific coast. All have full kitchens, so we stocked up on snacks and breakfast items at the small grocery store conveniently located just a block or less from the resort entrance. It was also an easy walk to many excellent restaurants (fresh seafood was superb) and shops. The family infinity pool was never crowded with more than a few families even though we were supposedly there at high season. The staff went above and beyond to be attentive--we had our own concierge to call with questions, ask for restaurant recommendations or help with activities and he checked in with us regularly to see if everything was going well.
Our only complaint would be that our bungalow did not have an outdoor deck to better take in the magnificent views and abundant wildlife around us (all the villas do). The bungalows are the oldest buildings in the development, we were told, and as they are renovated, decks are being added. Next time, we will definitely request one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows, Buena Vista Villas and privately owned villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes and Villa Kiskadee. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park