This was our 6th trip to Costa Rica and our 2nd (but definitely NOT the last) stay in the Tulemar Gardens. We stayed @ the Casa de Frutas for Spring Break this year and couldn't have been happier!! We were greeted at the house by Dave and Mauricio and they already knew all 6 of us personally by name! Instantly, we felt like old friends! Walking up the steps to the main level and seeing the amazing sunset view of the Pacific ocean literally takes your breath away! Casa de Frutas is simply gorgeous, VERY open and quite comfortable. The layout and design of the house is perfect...well done Dave!! A welcome fruit basket and juice drinks awaited us, as well as some monkeys walking a tight-rope right off the balcony! The two suites downstairs were perfect for our 4 teens to have their own space to hang out....they loved playing cards, hanging out by the pool and going sloth searching. Mauricio took personal care of us and did a fantastic job of organizing all our activities (zip line, jet ski, horseback riding, etc) and dinner reservations. In fact, he was in contact via email months/weeks ahead of time so that we would make the most of our time there. Additionally, he spoiled us with wonderful surprise treats like warm homemade brownies, sarongs, authentic coconut water (aka, agua de pipa), and a traditional home-cooked tico style breakfast. So yummy!! Mayela, Sandra and Christian all took wonderful care of daily housekeeping, laundry and kept the private pool spotless during our stay. Besides the amazing accommodations, another thing we really appreciate about Tulemar is the private beach. A shuttle runs to/from your house/villa all the time. There's great food (especially breakfast), kayaks, and just enough people to make it interesting, but definitely not crowded or loud. We always feel very safe and secure in Tulemar, however it's very easy to walk to shops/restaurants or grab a 5-minute cab ride to the marketplace and beach. We loved every minute that we stayed there and were sad to say goodbye to our Tulemar "family". We love you all!! Pura Vida!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows, Buena Vista Villas and privately owned villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes and Villa Kiskadee. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park