We went to Costa Rica in February. We spent 4 nights in the La Fortuna area and then spent 5 nights at Tulemar. We would highly recommend it to anyone. At Tulemar we stayed 4 nights in the bungalows and one night in a buena vista suite. They both were awesome but we liked the bungalow the best. It had the most incredible views! We loved the resort. We stayed there most of the day on the beach. It was never crowded and there were always kayaks, boogie boards, and snorkel gear available whenever we wanted it. We ate a few times at the restaurant on the beach and although service was slow the food was great. We walked to the super joseth and got cereal and milk and had that in the mornings in our rooms. Each night we walked to a restaurant from the resort. Julian was our concierge and always suggested a place or made a reservation for us. We did an adventure tour (ADV park) and had a great time on it. The guides were very knowledgable and the others on the trip were from Tulemar. We also went to the National Park one day and hiked. We got a guide which we normally wouldn't have done but we're glad we did. They were able to see a lot more than we would have ever seen on our own. We spent the rest of the day on the public beach where the waves were much bigger. We rented a surf board and boogie board. It was fun to big in some bigger waves. The waves at Tulemar aren't as big but still fun for boogie boarding. The hike down to the beach at Tulemar wasn't bad and we normally walked back to our room for the exercise. Several mornings we went running through the roads in the resort and saw tons of monkeys and other wildlife. The weather was awesome while we were there and everyone was always so friendly and nice. We had a great trip and highly recommend staying at Tulemar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows, Buena Vista Villas and privately owned villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes and Villa Kiskadee. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park