We stayed here over Christmas and it was expensive that week but we knew that since it was the busiest week of the season. Kim was very helpful when we got there giving us a tour of the property and explaining the area. The property is gorgeous and the beach is very nice and there really isn't a need to go to the main beaches. We didn't see much wildlife from our patio, but a short walk towards the beach and we found all 3 types of monkeys at different times and a few sloths, including one with an adorable baby. Kim arranged a tour of Manuel Antonio for us. The guide was very good but we were not expecting a group of 25 people (we split off into a group of 10) and the guide had to reexplain things in English and Spanish. Also, when we finished the tour we were going to have to wait a half hour for the other groups to get our ride back to the hotel. Since it was hot and we were hungry we wound up just paying for our own taxi back to the hotel. It was still worthwhile and we probably should have asked more about it beforehand.
The unit itself is spacious and the balcony is great. Our major complaint is that the shower often did not have hot water. And it wasn't because we took long showers, sometimes the hot water never even came on. Also, the AC in the bedroom blows directly on the bed which meant we could not sleep with it on. And remember to bring good ear plugs if you don't want a wakeup call from the howler monkeys!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows, Buena Vista Villas and privately owned villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes and Villa Kiskadee. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park