My wife and I spent our 10 year anniversary in Costa Rica. It was our second trip to Costa Rica with the first being our honeymoon. We started our trip at Tulemar in Casa Panorama South (lower). The stay was excellent and I only wish we had been able to stay longer. As other reviewers have stated, the pictures on their website do not do Tulemar (Casa Panorama) justice. Before arriving, we had some reservations about there not being an on premise restaurant / bar, but our concerns were quickly dispelled once we met our concierge, Kimberly. She explained how several restaurants were within walking distance from the front gate in addition to a local grocery. Kimberly also helped arrange all of our transportation around Costa Rica (from San Jose to Tulemar, Tulemar to Arenal, and Arenal to San Jose) at prices much cheaper than our other resorts had quoted. After accidentally leaving some items in the night stand, she arranged to have the items waiting for us with one of our drivers. Back to Tulemar...the onsite shuttle van was invaluable. My wife broke her foot 3 weeks prior to our trip. The path to and from the beach and the front gate is quite steep and I know she wouldn't have lasted long without the van. And the beach, you can't say enough about having a private beach where you can leave your belongs on your chair and go swimming, kayaking, boogie boarding, etc. and not have to worry about anything getting stolen. We loved our trip to Tulemar so much we're already planning when we can get back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows, Buena Vista Villas and privately owned villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes and Villa Kiskadee. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park