Tulemar is situated on a large hillside property a short ride from Manuel Antonio national park. A free shuttle service will run you around the place (it's that large, and steep) and to local points of interest, restaurants, shops, etc. The private beach has a cabana for lunch and drinks, plus sea kayaks and boogie boards to borrow. Despite being situated in a cove the waves can still be pretty rough but the beach is kept clean. The staff was pleasant, well bilingual and very accommodating. Rooms are private, generally not facing each other and with an ocean view. Our balcony had a table and chairs which was nice for breakfast and the evening glass of wine, plus a hammock. Note that smaller rooms have a half kitchen and not one you can really prepare a meal at. Several good restaurants are within walking distance as is the grocery store and ATM. I was sick our last day and the staff arranged for a local pharmacy to deliver medicine in a driving rainstorm, so excellent service all around. The gym is offsite and costs $15 per day (didn't use, and it's not affiliated), however you will get enough exercise just walking from the beach to your room a few times if you don't call the shuttle van.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows, Buena Vista Villas and privately owned villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes and Villa Kiskadee. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park