We stayed in the regular studio room, with a double bed and a twin bed, as well as a kitchenette. The restaurants around the hotel were good, with average prices ($10-$12 per plate).
* Monkeys were fun to watch during breakfast and at the pool
* View from our room was great!
* Staff spoke English very well and for the most part, was very helpful
This hotel was nice, but we will probably stay elsewhere with our next visit:
* The shower water pressure was horrible. Our friends had the same issue in their Studio Plus room. We joked about using the pool showers instead of the showers in our rooms!
* Our room was located in Area A which was, no lie, at the top of a 45-degree hill. The first day or two it was novel, but got to be a real pain coupled with the humidity.
* We found it much cheaper to book activities and grab taxi's ourselves, rather than through the front desk. Prices tended to be less expensive this way. For instance, were quoted $95/ person for 2.5 hour ATV ride at the hotel, and in town, we found a tour for 4.5 hours at $95/ person (plus a $10 discount for paying cash - ATV Quad Adventures in Quepos).
* Had to buy beach towels since the hotel asks you to not take the bath towels to the beach and they do not provide them...$15/towel was the cheapest I could bargain for at the beach.
* We had one blanket per bed, so we had to double up with the blanket from our twin bed. The blankets are typical Mexican style blankets, and while warm, often lost in the battle with the a/c at night - we ended up sleeping without the a/c to keep from getting cold (not a good thing when you factor in the humidity).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Costa Verde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Verde Hotel
- Hotel Costa Verde Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park