We had booked a private villa in Manuel Antonio which proved unacceptable on arrival (late, in the dark, in the rain, tired, stressed - you get the picture...). We walked directly across the street to the Byblos Resort, and asked about rooms. Coincidently, my daughter had heard about the Byblos from a friend in Louisiana - who recommended it highly - and it turns out, rightly. A friendly and concerned receptionist showed us several villas and rooms, and offered some very attractive discounts on the spot. We took a one bedroom villa and a highrise room, both very comfortable and clean. Our villa had a small balcony looking out over the pool area, very enjoyable for coffee in the morning. The property is build up around a hollow with a running stream, almost adjacent to the pool. It is filled with trees and vegetation, including beautiful plantings and flowers. Orchids and Ylang Ylang provide a wonderful perfume.
We saw morning and evening performances by traveling monkey troops, and had a pair of agouti that came out intermittently. Also lots of birds.
Breakfast was included, with options ranging from typical Costa Rican breakfast with rice and beans accompanying the eggs, to more conventional options.
Staff was uniformly helpful, and the owners were on site and welcoming. All together, a wonderful stay with very nice people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Byblos offers all the amenities and comforts of a three-star boutique resort, while conserving the essence of jungle style lodging. All rooms are spacious offering ample views of the local Wildlife and Garden Areas or Pacific Ocean. Accommodations feature air conditioning, telephone, cable TV, safe box, hair dryer, mini-refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Free gated parking and wireless internet access is available, as well as our poolside Bistro Pizzeria, Billfish Sportsbar and air conditioned Casino. Close to all tours, attractions, spas and local restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, T4B, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Byblos Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Byblos Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Byblos Resort And Casino
- Byblos Resort & Casino Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park