I am writing this as quickly as I can right after the incident so it is fresh in my mind. My wife and I are traveling throughout Costa Rica after living at a resort in La Fortuna for the last few months. We will be heading back to the United States in August. We have our little chihuahua with us and we came here as it is a "pet friendly" establishment. We are very courteous to others who may not like dogs, so we sat across the pool away from everyone near the so-called restaurant. Victor came over after we had been there earlier and told us the only place our little well behaved, unnoticeable, dog could be was in the room. Oh, you mean the room with the broken AC, overflowing toilet and no internet or TV access. We were told that all the systems were down but the so called restaurant had TV. I have just asked Victor for 2 cups of ice and I graciously said thank you and he gave the plastic cups to me with an arrogant shrug. This man can ruin a place of business and the way he treated me and my wife, the management needs to do something with him, for your sake not mine.Never have I ever felt so strongly about writing a review to help the management rid itself of such inappropriate behavior from an employee.We will probably never come to Manuel Antonio ever again, not because of this incident, just because we do not care for this area........I wish I could leave after the first night but they will not refund my cash payment.....STAY AWAY until they discipline this employee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Byblos offers all the amenities and comforts of a three-star boutique resort, while conserving the essence of jungle style lodging. All rooms are spacious offering ample views of the local Wildlife and Garden Areas or Pacific Ocean. Accommodations feature air conditioning, telephone, cable TV, safe box, hair dryer, mini-refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Free gated parking and wireless internet access is available, as well as our poolside Bistro Pizzeria, Billfish Sportsbar and air conditioned Casino. Close to all tours, attractions, spas and local restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, T4B, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Byblos Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Byblos Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Byblos Resort And Casino
- Byblos Resort & Casino Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park