I selected this hotel because of the reviews that i read about the abundance of wild life close by. When we checked in, I asked if we could see the monkeys from our room, and was told that most of the monkeys and sloths had migrated into the Manual Antoino state park at this time. I was disappointed by that response. But my biggest disappointment was the path that we had to take to get to our room. From the hotel check in location, we had to go down about 20+ steps to get to the landing where the restaurant/pool area was. (where the complimentary breakfast was also served). THen we went around the pool and down about 10 more steps. Then we walked across a bridge where a small creek ran below us, then up about 8 steps on the other side. Then we walked about 10 feet and up 7 more steps to the door to our room. The hotel provided someone to carry our luggage to our room which I would never have been able to do on my own.
The room was a descent size with a very small refrigerator and an old fashion microwave. The bathroom fixtures were outdated. THe balcony had a table and chairs which would allow you to eat a meal or snack out there. To prove that there was still wildlife around, I was awaken in the middle of the night by a repeated animal screech somewhere within 30-50 feet of my room.
The hotel staff spoke English well, and Juan Carlos was very helpful. The breakfast was cook to order from a few items on the menu. This was somewhat of a disappointment because I had just come from a hotel that had a full breakfast buffet.
I would not suggest this hotel for someone who may have problems walking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Byblos offers all the amenities and comforts of a three-star boutique resort, while conserving the essence of jungle style lodging. All rooms are spacious offering ample views of the local Wildlife and Garden Areas or Pacific Ocean. Accommodations feature air conditioning, telephone, cable TV, safe box, hair dryer, mini-refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Free gated parking and wireless internet access is available, as well as our poolside Bistro Pizzeria, Billfish Sportsbar and air conditioned Casino. Close to all tours, attractions, spas and local restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, T4B, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Byblos Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Byblos Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Byblos Resort And Casino
- Byblos Resort & Casino Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park