What an amazing hotel! We stayed for 5 nights for our honeymoon and were treated amazingly well. First off we were upgraded to a spacious suite, and we were also sent a bottle of champagne by the owner, Harry. The hotel staff actually seemed to be happy for us and were doing the little touches not just because it is good business to do so, but because they cared.
Our room was incredibly comfortable and spacious. There were two large couches positioned in front of a window with a great view of the ocean, and a king-sized bed with a comfortable mattress. Lots of closet space, great room ammenities, and a working safety deposit box.
The hot tub was great, we met lots of happy guests. There really is a friendly and fun atmosphere to this place. It also seemed almost as though we had the hotel to ourselves most of the time even though it was full. Breakfasts were plentiful and delicious, and many guests took the opportunity to swap stories and trade restaurant tips.
You are within a very close walk to Makanda by the Sea, and can walk to Manuel Anonio Park within 20 minutes/ half and hour via a fairly steep trail down. We tended to use the hotel shuttle to the beach, as well as the public bus which ran right outside the hotel. It went straight into Quepos. We also walked to Si Como No for their butterfly garden.
You cannot walk to restaurants at night as the road is not well lit, and some of the drivers along it are pretty reckless. We took cabs everwhere. It never cost us more than $8 one-way to the furthest spot. If you don't want to eat far from the hotel and don't want to eat in their restaurant, there is the Makanda and The Ossimo Family Suites. We ate at both on various occasions, and had lovely meals at each. Ossimo had really healthy fare and reasonable prices overlooking the water.
I booked a tour to the National park through the hotel and had a great guide. He showed up on time and gave us all sorts of useful tips as to where to eat, and what to do.
We will be returning to La Mansion hopefully within the next year we liked it so much. We loved our room, the hotel staff, the atmosphere, and really appreciated that they give back to the community through helping establish a local school, and by donating to a program to spay and neuter beach dogs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5 star ocean-view hotel is located only 2 kilometers from the biologically diverse Manuel Antonio National Park in Costa Rica. Complete with roof-top sky lounge featuring 360 degree views and a genuine Cave Bar hidden inside the heart of the hotel, La Mansion Inn is truly unique. Over time, national and international celebrities have stayed at La Mansion Inn, and we warmly invite all guests who stay to leave as a friend. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your La Mansion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mansion Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel La Mansion
- La Mansion Inn Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park