“very nice and awesome service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Mansion Inn

You added La Mansion Inn to your Saves list
La Mansion Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   P.O. Box 380, Manuel Antonio National Park 6350, Costa Rica   |
Atlanta, Georgia
“very nice and awesome service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay.. The service was impeccable and what an asset Robert is to this place!! We were immediately greeted and given a tour of the property. All of the staff were wonderful, and Manuel Antonio was a great choice for our first visit to CR. We actually requested a different room (from the one they initially gave us) and Robert accommodated us no questions or problems. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
On behalf of Robert and I and the rest of the staff we thank you for your nice review. It was a joy hosting you and it makes us feel good when we find out we have succeeded! Until we meet again,

God Bless,

Harry Bodaan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Jacksonville, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

From the moment one arrives, which is a thrill ride in itself, one is impressed by each aspect of this wonderful ' Mansion on the Hill!' Warmly greeted by the delightful young women at the front desk and then by Robert, a 'new yawk' guy who caught a dose of 'PURA VIDA' and moved to CR, who gave us the grand tour of this grand (but modestly sized) hotel. Our room was more than comfortable with a private balcony on which we were seated and enjoying a misty view of the Pacific and Antonio Manuel National Park when our complimentary cocktail arrived. Delicious appetizers arrived from room service which we enjoyed while we soaked up the wonderful atmosphere and the damp but delightful view.
A drink in the 'bat cave bar,' that's right bat cave, followed by a delicious meal and restful night completed our day.
Here sadly is where we wished we'd had more time. The park is closed on Monday's so we opted for an impromptu 'tour' with Alberto, arranged for us with the help of the young woman (of German descent) at the desk. He raced us down the hill towards the Park (better than any ride at Disney) all the while looking to the right and left for signs of monkeys or colorful birds. Other vehicles parted as he did his best James Bond impression ...only no Astin Martin. Finally a monkey sighting so we stop in the middle of the narrow road for the requisite touristo photo. MISSION ACCOMPLI!
When we got back after our 15 minute roller coaster ride we got out and as we headed to the door Alberto chased after us to return my wallet that had tumbled from my pocket in one of the loop de loops!! What a fine young man and fine staff as well.
If you looking for a day stay or much longer Le Mansion Inn would be an excellent choice.

Room Tip: All 22 rooms were superb we are sure...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Sorry about the Aston Martin! The car was being repaired... There will always be a next time! On behalf of all of my staff, thanks for the very nice write up and we enjoy that you had a great experience. We will be here waiting for you when you decide to come back! We are here to please our guests and realize that we must work hard to accomplish that. Robert says hello as well...

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at La Mansion for a week. There are only 22 rooms, so you get very personalized service. The staff and managers knew our name by the second night we were there. Our room was upgraded from standard to a junior suite free of charge. The views of the jungle and the ocean are absolutely breathtaking, especially from the pool and upper deck areas. The manager Robert was especially helpful and friendly.

We booked all our adventure tours through the hotel, which was convenient, but it did come with some hiccups. I paid a deposit for the tours when I booked them through the hotel a month before our stay, but I was then charged the deposit amount again upon checkout. Fortunately, the staff fixed the problem once I emailed them, and my credit card was refunded within a week or two. One more tour issue: the tour guides would always ask for a voucher to prove that we paid in advance, but the front desk staff at the hotel often forgot to give us one (even after we asked). This happened on three occassions, leading to some very frustrated tour guides. Just be sure the hotel staff gives you a voucher!

Other than that, I would highly recommend this hotel. This has the best view of Manuel Antonio's beaches (Playa Biesanz and Playa Espadilla) and the on-site food and ameninties are fantastic.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have never had better service in any establishment prior to our stay in La Mansion. I have stayed all over the world and this hotel is on top when it comes to value, service, and environment. We were warmly greeted upon arrival, and given a tour of the ground with a very delicious welcome drink! Our room was very clean and very spacious with all the amenities provided. Very comfortable bed and great room decor. The view from our room was breath taking. Jungle and beach all in the same view!! All this while maintaining a great level of privacy for intimate dining in the room or on the balcony. The provided breakfast was delicious and not a random cheese and stale bun buffet set up. The staff were all very friendly and willing to help in anyway. We has a flat tire which the staff changed for us without any hesitation. The pool was very clean with an amazing view of the beach. Any time we are in this area of Costa Rica we will have to stay here from now on.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Wow, what can I say - you make me blush! There are so many great hotels in the area and we are glad to be one of them. That said, we truly appreciate the experience you had and it was a joy hosting you.. Service, service, and service and the three key ingredients of what makes us stand out and we try to keep errors to a minimum and if we make one we try to correct them immediately.

Bridgwaat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at La Mansion back in February 2013. The best place we have stayed at in Costa Rica. Everything was wonderful; the staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms lovely and clean, the food was delicious. I'm a vegetarian and nothing was too much trouble. The chef offered me many choices and all were delicious. The pool and grounds were great...from the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome. The views from our balcony were breath-taking. We are definitely planning to return next February. I loved the Bat Cave, very unusually. Wonderful place and people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Jan and Pat,

Thanks for remembering our little boutique Inn and sharing your fine experience. We appreciate the business and never forget that the client is "King" and who pays our salaries. Much appreciated..

New York City, NY USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed for two nights at the very end of our two week trip in Costa Rica. We just got back home yesterday, and I wanted to commend the staff at La Mansion before I forget all the details. Before we arrived in Manuel Antonio, my husband and I got used to the close connections we had with our B&B hosts, where there were 6 rooms maximum. We stayed at one larger resort, but felt isolated and disconnected from the staff and locals. Although La Mansion seems more like a hotel, it's still small enough for the staff to connect with their guests. Thanks to Carlos at reception for welcoming us when we arrived, and giving us advice on activities (not a good time to snorkel) and restaurants (El Lagarto and Sancho's!!!!).

The property is very nice, with a large pool and pool bar, outdoor breakfast area, Bat Cave bar, Jacques Cousteau restaurant, and a lovely reception area. The bed in our deluxe room (#1) was very comfortable, and the room and bathroom were always clean. The showers are great - spacious, strong water pressure, consistent hot water, and slide-bar showerhead. The air conditioner was awesome because it was hot and humid outside.

Expect to see geckos in the hallway and on your balcony. They don't bother anyone, and are fun to watch. The room was well sealed to prevent mosquitoes or other insects from entering the room, but the insects are unavoidable in Costa Rica, no matter where you stay. We found a few mosquitoes in our room - I get bitten a lot, so I'm hyperaware of them.

My husband got sick the day after we arrived, and of course I was paranoid that he might have dengue. We stayed in but his fever got worse throughout the day, so I called the front desk for recommendations on a good health clinic. Apparently the hotel provides medical services when needed. They called for a doctor from a local clinic, and he arrived a few hours later. While we waited, one of the staff members, Robert, came to check on my husband and to give us updates. He found a guest who happened to be an ER nurse, and brought her to see us. (Many thanks to the nurse, whose name I don't know. She was so kind to come visit us!!). The hotel staff also brought my husband a selection of hot tea when they heard he was sick. When we saw the doctor, we only had to pay for the medications, and we could pay with credit card. The hotel staff called to get prices on the meds, and then ordered and delivered them to our room. This long story was meant to convey how dedicated, attentive, and considerate the staff are. Thank you very much to Robert for taking care of us that day and the next!! The rest of the staff were also very kind, asking how my husband was doing when they brought us room service and when they saw us the next morning at breakfast.

We encountered many members of the hotel staff throughout our two night stay, and every one of them was a model of courtesy and hard work. They were all so nice, and I really regret that I didn't get all of their names!!! They deserve recognition and compliments for their hard work.

We spent most of our stay in our room, so we got to know the room service menus pretty well! The lunch came from the Bat Cave bar, and the chicken wrap was absolutely delicious. Dinner came from the Jacques Cousteau restaurant, and everything was amazing. We ordered fresh juices, the La Mansion Signature salad, the tomato soup, the sea scallop appetizer, and the pasta with vegetables and white cream sauce. It was a lot of food and one of the best meals on our trip.

Finally, the views. Every time I looked out the glass doors, which was VERY often, I was awe struck with the view of the turquoise ocean and dense forests. We kept the curtains open all day and night because the view was so breathtaking. I must have said, "oh my god, it's sooooo beautiful" about a hundred times. I wholeheartedly recommend staying at La Mansion - the staff and views are unbeatable. *By the way, my husband does NOT have dengue and he is starting to feel better :) Thank you to everyone who took care of us!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the ocean. It's absolutely breathtaking. We had room #1, which had a g...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Great to hear that you are doing well - you are right we have a doctor on call 24 hours a day, just in case! On behalf of myself and Robet and of course my fabulous staff, thanks for the magnificent write-up which reflects not only the professionalism of our staff but also their "over and beyond" dedication. It was a joy hosting you and we thank you for your business.

Harry B.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at La Mansion Inn was incredible! The view, the grounds and the food were amazing. A very small hotel but this meant that the staff could (and did) cater to your every need. From the day we arrived when we were shown around the full site we were called by name...something I've never experienced at any hotel. When I booked the hotel online I knew that breakfast was included which I expected it to be a simple buffet style but it was whatever you wanted off the menu, no charge, just pay the service tax of 10%. Much better than toast and coffee at most complimentary breakfast spots. In addition to everything i mentioned we also saw more wildlife on the grounds of the hotel than in the national park. some of my best pictures were taken from the pool area. At one point in the afternoon at least 50 white faced monkeys crossed over the hotel grounds which was a very exciting moment. Across the street from the hotel i took pictures of sloths in the trees, much closer than anywhere in the park. Birds, reptiles...you name it all on the grounds (but not in the hotel). If you're looking for a boutique hotel in the Manual Antonio area then look no further than La Mansion Inn!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thanks from "Monkey Town" - we (and the monkeys) truly appreciate the time you took to evaluate my little boutique hotel so elequently.. This is probable one of the best times to visit Manuel Antonio because there are not too many tourists around during the August/September period and the animals LOVE it.. Thanks for letting me know that we are dpoing a good job and we look forward to seeing you again...

Owner

Been to La Mansion Inn? Share your experiences!