From the moment one arrives, which is a thrill ride in itself, one is impressed by each aspect of this wonderful ' Mansion on the Hill!' Warmly greeted by the delightful young women at the front desk and then by Robert, a 'new yawk' guy who caught a dose of 'PURA VIDA' and moved to CR, who gave us the grand tour of this grand (but modestly sized) hotel. Our room was more than comfortable with a private balcony on which we were seated and enjoying a misty view of the Pacific and Antonio Manuel National Park when our complimentary cocktail arrived. Delicious appetizers arrived from room service which we enjoyed while we soaked up the wonderful atmosphere and the damp but delightful view.
A drink in the 'bat cave bar,' that's right bat cave, followed by a delicious meal and restful night completed our day.
Here sadly is where we wished we'd had more time. The park is closed on Monday's so we opted for an impromptu 'tour' with Alberto, arranged for us with the help of the young woman (of German descent) at the desk. He raced us down the hill towards the Park (better than any ride at Disney) all the while looking to the right and left for signs of monkeys or colorful birds. Other vehicles parted as he did his best James Bond impression ...only no Astin Martin. Finally a monkey sighting so we stop in the middle of the narrow road for the requisite touristo photo. MISSION ACCOMPLI!
When we got back after our 15 minute roller coaster ride we got out and as we headed to the door Alberto chased after us to return my wallet that had tumbled from my pocket in one of the loop de loops!! What a fine young man and fine staff as well.
If you looking for a day stay or much longer Le Mansion Inn would be an excellent choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5 star ocean-view hotel is located only 2 kilometers from the biologically diverse Manuel Antonio National Park in Costa Rica. Complete with roof-top sky lounge featuring 360 degree views and a genuine Cave Bar hidden inside the heart of the hotel, La Mansion Inn is truly unique. Over time, national and international celebrities have stayed at La Mansion Inn, and we warmly invite all guests who stay to leave as a friend. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Mansion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mansion Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel La Mansion
- La Mansion Inn Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park