“Best Upgrade Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Mansion Inn

Save Saved
You added La Mansion Inn to your Saves list
La Mansion Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   P.O. Box 380, Manuel Antonio National Park 6350, Costa Rica   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Phoenix, Arizona
“Best Upgrade Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had made reservations at this 1st class boutique hotel and when we arrived they had a sign posted "Ask us about an upgrade." So my companion said lets check it out and after some modest negotiations we ended up in the penthouse! Great views, great service and a fun evening in the bat cave!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a comment. It was a pleasure for us being able to upgrade you. We do this every time we are able to becasue we want our guests to have a great experience and, above all, come back and tell their friends. Right now is an ideal time to visit as most every tourism business is offering specials. Great Flora and Fauna in one of the most beautiful and safest places in the world.

709 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Mount Dora, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband, two teenage sons and I stayed last month and had a wonderful experience. The superior rooms were large and beautiful. Each room has a breathtaking view. The hotel was well maintained and elegantly decorated. All the food services were wonderful with multple choices that even I, a vegan, could work around. With two teenage boys we utilized the room service menu as well as the breakfast terrace and lunch by the indoor pool. The staff and services provided were outstanding.
The beds were so comfortable that we all slept like babies. The rooms were spotless and refreshing to come home to after a day of exploring.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for commenting on our service and I will share this with all our staff. Comments like this are very motivating and, in this part of the world, much more important to my staff than money. It also makes us look forward to serving our next guests! In this competitive wolrd, it is all about service!

Thanks again.

Heredia, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We spent one night on the Mansion Inn and we enjoyed every minute of it! The staff is super friendly and provided great service with a smile on their faces all the time. We arrived early to check in and headed to the beach to wait for our room to be ready. We returned around 2pm and our room was ready. The view from the room was spectacular and the room was in good shape. Nice and comfy king size bed and plenty of room. There is like a small yard with 2 sunbathing chairs. The pool and Jacuzzi area is small but nice, there is a huge terrace where you can admire the panoramic view around the hotel. Breakfast was delicious and again the staff service flawless. The hotel is advertised as 5 star boutique, I don't give it 5 star in amenities and overall aspect of the property but I give it 10 stars in service.

Room Tip: Go to Bisan beach, close to the hotel secluded and private beach offseason
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I thank you for your nice comments and appreciate spending the weekend with us. As you know "five-stars" in Costa Rica is much different than most other parts of the world as different standards are used. What are "five star" amenities in Washington D.C. or New York City are not necessarily five star amenities here in the jungle. Our "stars" are my staff, our fabulous and unparalled views, our fantastic climate, our nature and above all, the innocence of the Costa Rican people which we I hope they keep for a long time to come. Hope to see you back soon and get to know you.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had an “excellent stay” at La Mansion.
The fact that you get breakfast every morning is amazing as well as the staff! One of our waiters Juan Carlos made a special trip to the store to get me blackberry jam because he noticed that I had asked for the little packet of blackberry jam. My English muffin had blackberry jam the rest of our stay. I loved it and thought this was a sweet gesture that was in no way expected. Christopher, Erick, Adrian and Jesus to mention a few we all very pleasant and there whenever needed. Thank you Juan Carlos! He also served us coffee in the lobby in the evening.
Our cleaning ladies were awesome as well. They brought us an extra towel and 3 bite size snickers. This was a small gesture that made us feel appreciated as guests. Caroline was our main cleaning lady and very, very nice. I was cold the first night and called the front desk to ask for a comforter as I was on an extra bed that didn’t have one. She was very accommodating and I slept like a baby the rest of the stay. Thank you Caroline!
As for the front desk, very professional and made our tour arrangements, ride arrangement to and from the airport, taxi service, answered any questions we had. Thank you to Carlos, Alberto, Elizabeth and Nihti(pronounced Nighty!)!
I was hesitant that we might encounter some insects since it is the middle of the jungle so I did not expect perfection with insect control but was very happy with only encountering a few ants.
Our air conditioner was leaking in the room but again I think this is due to the moisture. I was only concerned that it was leaking on the furniture or that the unit might eventually fall but I’m sure they have the unit secured properly.
The pool was out of commission when we arrived because of an earthquake. I was very disappointed about this because I had always wanted to visit a place that had a pool with the barstools so I could sit up to the bar and enjoy the whole experience. The pool was fixed by the 3rd day and we loved it! A beautiful pool with a beautiful view and ambiance.
We enjoyed the monkeys in the tree right outside our balcony a couple of mornings and also some raccoons at night.
We felt very safe and secure in this hotel. It is beautiful and if we ever go back we will definitely stay at La Mansion. We loved the windy road to our hotel and had some great walks to our destinations. It is close to the beach, restaurants and shopping but yet gives you that private feeling.
Thank you so much for a great experience and I will suggest La Mansion to my friends!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
As owner of the La Mansion Inn I want to thank you for your nice comments about my boutique hotel and our staff. Both are wonderful experiences. I appreciate your understanding with the tremor we experienced which caused a minor crack in the main pool. I also appreciate you helping us "spread the word" about the La Mansion Inn and especially now is an ideal time to visit. With sweltering temperatures in most of the U.S. we find ourselves in the best part of the world right now - Refreshing night time rains are for us locals the best time of the year. I look forward to the opportunity to host you again and hope you will join me for dinner ar at least a drink.

Escazú, San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I just stayed at La Mansion Inn for 3 nights and had an awesome time, mainly because of the staff. Manuel Antonio is kind of famous for its not-so-great service, but the staff at La Mansion Inn are some of the best we've ever met, anywhere.

The Good - The room was tastefully decorated, including the "rain" shower (man we love those) and the hotel itself is really beautiful. As I mentioned, the staff are amazing. Even when they're just passing by, even if they're busy, they'll ask you about your stay and how your day is going. We were blown away. Jesus, the pool bartender (the pool is awesome and pool bars are just the best) was very nice, as was Juan Carlos, our waiter for our last dinner there. Breakfast is included (which is a nice touch) and the French Toast? Whoa momma that was good. The hotel is only a hop, skip and a jump from Playa Biesanz, which is gorgeous, and much less crowded than the main beach. WiFi is free, which is great (seriously, hotels that make you pay for WiFi should be shut down - it's 2013 people). The Bat Cave Bar is pretty fun, it's unique and they make some great dranks for after you've been out on the beach the whole day. Finally, the dinner was amazing. They let us have the private dining room to ourselves and the Snapper is one of the best fish I've eaten in Costa Rica.

The Bad - Just a few minor things, nothing big. Our room was at the very end and only had a partial view. Now, we knew this when we booked it, but still was hoping for a BIT less partial. For some reason casados are like $15 plus tax and service. I've lived here for 5 years and have never seen a casado that expensive, not even close, so that was a little odd. The bedding isn't the nicest I've ever seen and the pillows kind of suck. Again, little things but still.

The Ugly - OK, now the elephant in the room; the parking. It seems like such a small thing to be concerned about, and they do offer to just park your car for you, but the parking lot and entranceway is really small and narrow. There's like 8 parking spots total (they have another parking lot, but not connected to the hotel) and it is TIGHT. So basically as you're entering the winding entrance you have no idea if there's space or if another car is coming out. When you're leaving you 100% have to back out, down this tight space, trying not to hit the wall or another car and then back out onto the street, hoping there's nothing coming down the street around the corner. I don't know why, but this part of the trip STRESSED me out man. You get a parking spot and basically don't want to move your car the rest of the day. Considering where the location is, you definitely need a car to get there and around, but that parking lot was really, really weird. Again, they do offer to park your car for you, but when it comes time to back out, whoo baby make sure you've got your glasses on.

OK, so with all those things said, why give it a 5 star rating? Simply put, the hotel is gorgeous, the rooms are nice and the staff are some of the best we've ever met. From the housekeepers to the breakfast waiters to maintenance, just solid people all around. We would return to La Mansion Inn in a HEARTBEAT. Loved it and loved the people. The Best value in Manuel Antonio. Period.

Room Tip: The view in Room 16 isn't so hot, but it is a corner unit, so it's a little quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
As the owner of the La Mansion Inn and on behalf of my wonderful staff, thanks for your nice review. Of course I am aware of the small size of the parking lot. When people properly park we have about 12 spaces on our main parking lot while on our other parking lot (valet parking), we offer 5 spaces which normally suffices for 24 rooms. At times we are completely full in the hotel and there might not be a single car on the lot because people arrive by plane while other times we might not be full bu everyone brings a car and for that reason we offer the valet parking option. The good news is that we have never had any thefts at the hotel because there is no quick way out. I designed the parking lot with security in mind an full time camera coverage. In regards to the pillows, my apologies and please know that my welcome letter offers the option for our ask guests to ask for different pillows. We offer four types of pillows. All you have to do is ask and "we come running". Again, thanks for your comment and I hope to see you again some time in the future and personally thank you for your nice comments about my staff.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Given a personal tour and welcome drink was just some of the many personal services they offered. The king room was spectacular-very clean, beautiful, large bathroom, awesome views from the three balconies of the Pacific. Turn down service at night with little candies was a very nice touch. The staff is very friendly and hospitable. Dinner was excellent and having the staff remember our likes and waiting for us at breakfast on the outdoor terrace overlooking the ocean was very nice. Complimentary shuttle (and towels) to the beach was great. Highly recommend. Don't miss out on an exceptional hotel that will make your vacation a dream of a lifetime. Again Pura Vida!! And Thank you!! Lisa Sarasota , Florida

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I appreciate the time you took to write us a response and thank you for your nice comments.. I am very much aware that our reviewers can "make or break a hotel" and we constantly try to provide good service, great food and try to keep out facilities as new looking as the first guests walked in 12 years ago...

owner
Casselberry, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We found just about everything at the hotel to be great, from the staff to the rooms to the food. We would certainly stay again and highly recommend to any traveler going to the area. The Cave Bar is unique and shouldn't be missed - even if you stop by for a drink. The hotel as an addition for small groups which is very private.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I and my staff truly appreciate the time you took to write your nice review. To operate a Boutique Hotel in the jungle of Manuel Antonio is challenging and at the same time very rewarding. We are all very fortunate to live in one of the most beautiful areas in the world and have been selected as having the #1 beach in all of the Central America..

Owner

Been to La Mansion Inn? Share your experiences!