From the moment we walked in to the lobby, Carlos at the front desk made us feel SO welcome! Because my friend was a "repeat guest" at their hotel, they gave us a free bottle of champagne (how unexpected!). We met Jesus at the pool bar, and he quickly became one of our favorites! He was so kind, interesting, and helpful (& makes a great drink! LOVED the Tortuga Verde, and the Blue Beard in the Bat Cave!!). When we forgot to "tab out" one day, he quietly came to our room & was so gracious about it! (FYI - hotel management: please try to find that young man a funnel - I think it'd make his job a bit easier! We tried to find one when we went shopping, to surprise him with, but we had no luck locally! He was so funny - he wrote the word "f-u-n-n-e-l" in his notebook!).
We had a bit of a "flood" in our room one evening, due to a problem with the toilet continuously running (we later learned the secret to getting it to flush & stop running). Both the maintenance and housekeeping staff took it very seriously, and got our room cleaned up in a jiffy! That's what's great about this small, "boutique" hotel - the staff is SO great!
The room was a great size, with two double beds, large closet, very COLD air-conditioning (so refreshing in this hot, humid region!), and we never saw any bugs in the room (YAY)! The hotel is very quiet, too - we rarely EVER heard anything from our neighbors (which may have been greatly due to the hotel not allowing young children). We got a great night's sleep every night!
Christopher waited on us most every morning at breakfast, and learned (quickly) that my friend doesn't deviate much on her breakfast selections, and by the 3rd day had her order memorized. That wouldn't happen at most larger (or chain) hotels! What a nice guy he is!
My only negative comments would be regarding 1) - the parking lot - it's very small (it only has room for about 6-7 vehicles). The hotel has expanded in size in the past few years (up to 26 rooms from about 14-16 previously), but the parking lot hasn't grown with it; and 2) - the bath towels could be larger! I wasn't even able to wrap one all the way around me! But I hope that'll change before my next visit - which I truly hope to have! And if neither of these things change, it'll STILL be a GREAT place to stay, so I'll still rate it as "excellent"!!
I TRULY enjoyed myself! You will, too!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5 star ocean-view hotel is located only 2 kilometers from the biologically diverse Manuel Antonio National Park in Costa Rica. Complete with roof-top sky lounge featuring 360 degree views and a genuine Cave Bar hidden inside the heart of the hotel, La Mansion Inn is truly unique. Over time, national and international celebrities have stayed at La Mansion Inn, and we warmly invite all guests who stay to leave as a friend. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your La Mansion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mansion Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel La Mansion
- La Mansion Inn Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park