On our last night at the JW Marriott, we decided to drive to Manuel Antonio for a 2 night stay instead of heading back to San Jose. I emailed a handful of hotels around 11pm hoping to find availability at one. While on the road, the front desk emailed me that they had availability. No need to provide any other information, they had a room reserved for me once we arrived. We missed the initial turn because we thought it was on the main road. You actually make a left off the main road onto this quiet little street. As you drive up the hill, La Mansion Inn comes into view. At the highest point of the hill, this hotel offers the most stunning views of water on either sides of the cove. The location was perfect because you were away from all the traffic going to Manuel Antonio but still a quick drive away.
We checked in quickly and a staff member gave us a tour of the place. The entire hotel is so unique and fun, with lots of fun little nooks that add so much charm to the hotel. The pool area is gorgeous. Stunning vistas surrounded by foliage. We loved coming for an early evening swim and then hopping in the jacuzzi.
They didn't tell us at check in but they upgraded us to Penthouse #1 and it was an AMAZING surprise! Views, views, and more VIEWS! 2 bathrooms, 2 couches, 2 decks, a dining room table with a chandelier above it and more VIEWS! The bedroom has windows that run the entire length of the walls. We would lay in bed in the morning and watch the hawks swoop by. It was breathtaking. I loved sitting on the balcony in the morning and just soaking in the view of the Manuel Antonio beach. The main bathroom was huge with a giant jacuzzi tub. I loved the smell of the lotions so much I took them home with me. There were 2 different wireless networks from the room- 1 worked perfectly and the other didn't work at all. I would've been perfectly content staying in the room the entire stay, it was that awesome of a room.
Breakfast was very good, I loved the iguana that would sit there every morning hoping for some scraps. The perfect start before taking their shuttle service down to the beach. On the way down, the driver stopped at a tree to show us a mama sloth and her baby. So cute! We got room service one night because we had to take advantage of the dining area and that was very good and very reasonably priced.
The stay is not complete without a visit to the Bat Cave Bar. It is awesome! If you look in the rock cracks, you will see little crabs just kickin it. We didn't see any bats there although everynight there was one up near a window when we walked up to our room. All of these things just added to the charm of the hotel.
The day we were leaving, we checked out and put our bags in storage so we could go down to Playa Biesanz for a quick swim. We saw a bunch of monkeys including 2 babies on their mother's back. One monkey hopped down to the ground and walked right up to this gentleman to pick up a piece of fruit that was on the ground near his foot. The perfect end to a perfect stay.
Great rooms, great staff, great amenities, great service, stunning views and tons of charm. Throw in that the owner is a philanthropist and gives a lot to the local communities and you can't help but fall in love with the place. It isn't just a hotel, it is your Mansion away from home. Can't wait to return!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5 star ocean-view hotel is located only 2 kilometers from the biologically diverse Manuel Antonio National Park in Costa Rica. Complete with roof-top sky lounge featuring 360 degree views and a genuine Cave Bar hidden inside the heart of the hotel, La Mansion Inn is truly unique. Over time, national and international celebrities have stayed at La Mansion Inn, and we warmly invite all guests who stay to leave as a friend. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Mansion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mansion Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel La Mansion
- La Mansion Inn Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park