My husband and I stayed at La Mansion for 4 nights. The hotel is nicely situated within the Manuel Antonio area. The hotel is perched high on a cliff, which offers sweeping views of the Pacific and Manuel Antonio. Upon checking in, the hotel upgraded us to a better penthouse room. Also, we arrived by rental car from Adobe and needed to return it to Quepos. Within minutes, the front desk arranged for the rental car to be picked up at the hotel instead of us having to return it. After having spent several hours in the car, it was great to have this taken care of. We stayed in Penthouse #4. The room is spacious with a "living room area" that has a sofa and TV and a bedroom area where the bed is. There is also a table and chairs for 2 should you want to eat in the room. The thing that makes the room are the windows that span the length of the walls allowing for the amazing ocean and forest views. The bathroom was large, with a large shower and tub. The shower did splash out a bit onto the floor causing us to have to put towels on the ground around the tub. However, there never was any flooding as commented on by other reviewers. The room also had a balcony with 2 lounge chairs. The room overall was really great. However, there were a couple of kinks like no wi-fi in the room (works great in the lobby though) and once or twice where the cold water seemed to be lacking (The water seemed to correct itself after a little bit.). I also wish the room had a full length mirror in addition to the mirror in the room. However, none of these things had a negative impact on our stay.
The pool area is stunning and I concur with other reviewers who said they could sit there all day and soak in the scenery. The swim-up bar was always staffed during its open hours and was a great feature while lounging poolside.
The hotel staff was very helpful in booking tours, arranging taxis and helping us with our bags. The breakfasts and lunches were good and included in our room rate. We chose to eat out for dinner with many good restaurants a short taxi ride away. Overall, the staff at the front desk, the bar and food areas were always very friendly and helpful. It was clear they wanted us to have a great stay (and we did!). The hotel offers free shuttles to the beach, although we never used them. There were also a few sightings of monkeys, iguanas, a sloth and a crab on or in viewing distance from the property. If staying in the Manuel Antonio area, La Mansion is a great choice in accommodations, location and service. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.
- Also Known As:
- La Mansion Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- La Mansion Hotel
- Hotel La Mansion
- La Mansion Inn Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5 star ocean-view hotel is located only 2 kilometers from the biologically diverse Manuel Antonio National Park in Costa Rica. Complete with roof-top sky lounge featuring 360 degree views and a genuine Cave Bar hidden inside the heart of the hotel, La Mansion Inn is truly unique. Over time, national and international celebrities have stayed at La Mansion Inn, and we warmly invite all guests who stay to leave as a friend. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Tingo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your La Mansion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.