We stayed at La Mansion in February 2013 as part of a Costa Rica vacation. We found the staff to be uniformly pleasant to deal with, our room was lovely, and the food was excellent.
This last is quite important, because there is nothing else within walking distance. Prices are quite fair, so this is really a "whew", not an "oops". But it would have been nice to have had some variety. We didn't use the smallish pool (a second one is under construction). be prepared for a lot of walking inside the hotel, because this hotel was several buildings tied together, and we had to walk three separate spiral staircases, and go outdoors (among other things) to reach our room.
room lighting was a bit odd, consisting of inadequate bedside lamps and several tiny bright spotlights in the ceiling - reading a paper book is challenging.
the only real annoyance came when we tried to print boarding passes, because there is no printer at the guest PC. we ended up translating a lot of computerese from Spanish to English in order to print our passes as pdf's, saving them to the guest pc, going into personal email, and sending the pdf's to the desk clerk's personal email, which he retrieved from his pc ten feet away; he then printed for us. sorry, gang, please buy a $100 printer and save your guests' sanity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5 star ocean-view hotel is located only 2 kilometers from the biologically diverse Manuel Antonio National Park in Costa Rica. Complete with roof-top sky lounge featuring 360 degree views and a genuine Cave Bar hidden inside the heart of the hotel, La Mansion Inn is truly unique. Over time, national and international celebrities have stayed at La Mansion Inn, and we warmly invite all guests who stay to leave as a friend. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Mansion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mansion Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel La Mansion
- La Mansion Inn Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park