“I want to go back!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added La Mansion Inn to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
La Mansion Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   P.O. Box 380, Manuel Antonio National Park 6350, Costa Rica   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Louisville, Kentucky
“I want to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at La Mansion Inn for one week. It was the last week of October and most people assumed it was going to be rainy the entire time, however, we had absolutely fantastic weather. This was our first trip to Costa Rica and Manuel Antonio, it will not be our last. We arrived later in the afternoon on Saturday and did not have any energy to explore the town so we decided to have dinner at the hotel restaurant, the fish was fresh and delicious. The service we received from the restaurant staff was phenomenal,(Marvin and Juan Carlos) everyone was sweet and gave great recommendation on activities for the day. We enjoyed every part of the hotel from the Bat Cave Bar (Jesus is a great bartender) to the hotel lobby (Juan was excellent). We stayed in 2 different areas, we stayed in room 7 and then in room 24- both offered different views but both still breathtaking.

I cannot say enough about this hotel and how welcoming everyone was. La Mansion definitely has the best view and animals to see everyday from monkeys to sloths, iguanas, and horses!

Nothing was a hassle, the staff really makes your visit enjoyable- I did not have to do any work!
If you do go to Manuel Antonio, please stay at La Mansion Inn!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

710 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

If you're searching for a first-class hotel experience in Costa Rica, I highly recommend a stay at the La Mansion Inn in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica.

What sets this hotel apart from high-end chains like The Ritz-Carlton, Four Seasons, and Intercontinental? The service, atmosphere, and location provide a combination of luxury and easy-going enjoyment.

When you arrive at the hotel (a 2.5 hour drive from the San Jose airport - ask the hotel to send a driver to pick you up when you make reservations - the drive itself is fairly easy - all paved highway, with beautiful sights of the country along the way), you'll notice original artwork everywhere, much of it from local artists. The staff are genuinely friendly, and they will do just about anything to make your stay enjoyable.

The rooms are beautifully furnished, with carved doors with a nautical theme - and the views of the Pacific Ocean from the guest rooms are amongst the best of any hotel I've stayed at.

Definitely enjoy the pool and pool-bar (great drinks menu, and they'll make just about anything you ask for), and especially the hotel breakfasts. The Jacques Cousteau restaurant offers an intimate dining room for nice dinners at the hotel, and the staff are also happy to make recommendations for restaurants in the area.

One of the benefits of staying at La Mansion Inn is the hands-on management by the owner, Harry Bordaan. Harry creates a relaxed atmosphere with a focus on understated luxury and having a great time. You're likely to see Harry on the property, talking with guests and seeing after details to assure everyone's stay is going well.

The staff at the hotel were helpful with coordinating activities (tours of the nearby national park, etc) - choosing local restaurants, etc. It would be easy to spend several days there without leaving the property - everything is there. The free WiFi and access to computer in the hotel lobby were also handy.

This is a unique, one-of-a-kind property - different from "you've stayed in one, you've stayed in them all" experiences with a hotel chain. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The penthouse suites come with complementary breakfast, lunch, and drinks (all day until 7 pm). The...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed here three nights and it was pretty amazing. The only negatives I had were about the restaurant and bar, but I would review that separately. The view is unparalleled and hands down the best. Your balcony area overlooks the coast and the park and the pool as well as breakfast area do as well. The rooms are very, very clean and the beds are the most comfortable we slept in on our two week trip. The AC unit was also one of the quietest we had on our stay. All the employees are super friendly and helpful and there is a shuttle to take you to or from the beach 4 times a day so that you don't have to worry about parking or catching a taxi. Even better was that one day there was a sloth on a tree right outside the hotel and then on our last day I was standing on the balcony area when a group of white faced monkeys (two with babies on their backs) climbed down the tree and across the handrails right in front of me to get to the trees below. I stood about 5 feet from the first one as he crossed and then backed up to give the others some room! I wish we had been able to stay here longer, as Manuel Antonio was my favorite location in Costa Rica due to all the animals and amazing views. The only part that wasn't entirely perfect (and it wasn't horrible, just not perfect) was the dinner since they are working on the dining room. It seems as if they put the dining room in the lobby until they are done working, which means you can hear the music from the lobby (nice and soothing) but also the loud blaring music from the bar. The Cacophony was a little overwhelming for me, and I wasn't a huge fan of the food either (although my husband liked it). The air circulation was also really poor in the lobby/eating area so that it seemed hotter inside than it was outside, but it was raining so we had to eat inside. Overall, the hotel was amazing. The bar is a little obnoxious since it serves overpriced drinks ($5 for a local beer) and blares really loud local dance music. It seemed geared toward a younger party crowd whereas the rest of the hotel seems peaceful and quiet. You can probably get away with staying somewhere else if all you do is sleep in your hotel, but if you enjoy delicious breakfast, morning coffee with great views, a comfortable bed and nice room, and the best views Manuel Antonio has to offer... I would really consider this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Panama City beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is Mark, I brought my mom and a friend along for my second trip to Costa Rica, this was the first time I had stayed at the La Mansion Inn and i have to say it certianly won't be my last, my Mother had a great time and was amazed at how friendly the staff was and how they went out of their way to make us as comfortable as possible, we had rooms 3 and 6 and both were spacious rooms with a breathtaking view of the pacific. The owner, Harry Bodaan, was very friendly and accomodating and told me about some of the history of the Inn. I would reccomend to anyone seeking a nice, friendly place to stay, the La Mansion Inn. Once you stay there, you will not want to leave.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
North Bergen, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife and I, were at La Mansion hotel on 10/17/12 and 10/18/12. This hotel is located in the best spot of the area. The staff go out of their way to make your stay the best. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends.
We were in room #3 with a breath taking view. I hope I can go back soon!!!

Thanks to all for your services

Jenry Lizardo

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
La_Mansion_Inn1, Manager at La Mansion Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you, we hope to see you again soon!
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Like a pearl in an oyster, La Mansion Inn sits on the hill overlooking Manuel Antonio and it's surrounding beaches. The property had a guard sitting in the (somewhat small) parking lot all night long, behind a locked gate.. If you are an early riser, be prepared to hear plenty of howler monkeys outside. Juan at the front desk helped us with several requests, and was a great source of knowledge about the general area and things to do. Well, being from the US, I must say that it was a bit weird seeing ants all over the place, particularly in the bathroom. Armies of them it would seem.. It was a crazy experience to see them.. You would think that they would get an exterminator or something.. Oh yeah this place is situated in a real jungle.. Really though this is in the top 3 for finest hotels in Manuel, and based on value and service is #1.. Wow can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Room 14 is quite nice.. Overlooks the entrance and road.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the kind and honest review. One of the biggest challenges with anyone living or staying in Manuel Antonio is dealing with the natural surroundings. The amazing beauty and charm of Manuel Antonio also contains a few challenges such as Ants which can occasionally come in to your room. Fortunately our Hotel staff always responds immediately regarding any problems such as these. As soon as any guest mentions a problem with Aunts we act upon it and ensure the rooms are once again ant free. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon at our hotel!
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Honestly, I cannot say enough about this hotel. This was our fifth stay since 2005 (our third review here on Tripadvisor) and it just keeps getting better.

I made a big mistake on my calendar and we arrived a day earlier than our reservation. It was totally my mistake and the staff was so great about it and accommodated us right away for our two night getaway, not even mentioning my mistake. They even upgraded us to a suite for being return guests and had champagne waiting for us with a note from the owner. It was such a great way to be greeted and appreciated for our business.

The deck is where we spent the majority of our time. You cannot beat the views from up there.

We will be back, obviously. It is our most favorite spot on earth, no exaggeration!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to La Mansion Inn? Share your experiences!