“Nice hotel with beautiful view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Si Como No

Save Saved
You added Hotel Si Como No to your Saves list
Hotel Si Como No
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Manuel Antonio, Quepos, Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica   |
Special Rate
4 x 3
Northville, Michigan, United States
“Nice hotel with beautiful view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a very good hotel in a beautiful setting set in the hillside overlooking the coast. Manuel Antonio park is close by with a free shuttle and butterfly garden across the street. The view and atmosphere is very serene with the lush vegetation and privacy. The food was very tasty at both restaurants although air flow could have been better at Tico Rico. Wish we had more than two nights because we missed out on the pool experience.

Room Tip: Room # 4 is suitably for three people with a nice bathroom and balcony with a great view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
D_QCostaRica, Manager at Hotel Si Como No, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Anne T:

We thank you for your comments and hope that next time you take advantage and stay with us for a longer stay with one of our special packages. As with all our guest comments from various guest forums and Guest Resort Surveys, we pass your comments to our resort manager's and their staff to get an ongoing understanding of how we're doing everyday according to the real judges, out clientele. Our chef, Jose Miguel, has been with us for many years yet he still smile every time we share our guest comments about our "tasty" food at both our restaurants that you were so kind to share with others. Hope we see you back with us in beautiful Costa Rica.
Regards

716 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Plano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Si Como No is a fantastic base for exploring the Manuel Antonio region. Our recent stay included two families, with 3 kids ages 5 to 11. The rooms were clean, safe, well-appointed and a perfect fit with the surrounding jungle and spectacular ocean views. Amazing food at both restaurants and very reasonably priced. In booking, all our questions were answered, we knew exactly what to expect, and were able to arrange what we needed to accommodate both families, even in a sold out situation. But what stands out is the staff and their exceptional service. Both were brilliant. The staff did everything to make our stay a great experience. And they know how to engage kids, which really made it all work. Nice people, well run, truly the best in the area.

Dear FenwayParker:
Can I just say It was a pleasure reading such encouraging comments and realizing that even though we can't meet everyone's expectations, we try our best to deliver the exceptional Costa Rica experiences that our 20 years in sustainable hospitality has made us known for. We hope you come back and include our sister hotels that are all part of what we believe is our Greentique philosophy for guests to be able to "Travel Well & Travel Right"!
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Likes: the kids pool has a water slide which is amazing!!! You can swim to the bar and get a smoothie. There is a cinema which shows movies every night. The breakfast is delicious - the best I had in Costa Rica. You can get eggs, bacon, pancakes, watermelon, papaya, pineapple, hashbrowns and juice. The beds are big and comfortable. There is a nice balcony with a view.

Dislikes: the wifi does not work in our room - you have to go to the balcony for it to work.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear hlsz:

Thank you for your review and appreciation of our hospitality. We are sorry you had a problem with the WI Fi in your room as there are days when the system does not reach the entire network within the resort. We are working with our engineer to reduce the down time and glad that you did have access on the balcony and assume in all the public areas. Please come back again and we'll be happy to do our best to avoid any further inconvenience you had with Wi Fi reception.
Regards,
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My family and I loved staying at Si Como No. Beautiful view and room with a great pool. We have 2 kids who loved the family pool and slide and wonderful complimetary breakfast. We went to the beach and Manuel Antonio Park. The staff is amazing and very friendly and helpful. We arranaged for an excursion to the rain forest, Zip Lining and tour of Santa Juana. I would highly recommend staying there.

Dear EllenS505:

We truly appreciate that you took the time to share your encouraging review of our resort and our conservation project in Santa Juana. The Combination of adrenaline within the well designed system of canopy platforms, and the nearby natural adventures surrounding the tiny mountain village of Santa Juana have become our most consistent tour when it comes to guest appreciation you conveyed. Your choice of this mountain excursion helped to generate the revenue required to conserve the valuable watershed of the region as well as provide local employment while benefiting rural culture and the flora and fauna of this tropical jungle habitat
Best regards,
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I've always been wanting to go to Costa Rica and experience the nature up close, so after a little browsing here and there in these forums I decided to visit Manuel Antonio since everyone is speaking about it lately. I started looking for a good destination, it had to be near the mountains, sustainable lodging was a plus, private and close to the beach.

After reading more and more I came across Si Como No and decided to book my trip and stay there.

Upon arrival to the hotel I noticed that it was very good in regards to sustainability, I saw solar panes and what not, so that was a good sign, in the middle of the mountain/jungle so it was quite pleasant to experience nature SO close to me.

But anyways, down to business, the treat they gave me was quite nice when I got there, that's a plus because I felt at home, then they took us to our rooms and boy were they fancy, quite luxurious indeed, it's one thing to see them in pictures but a whole new different thing to see them with your own eyes. I can't even imagine how the honeymoon suite looks.

The hotel was very quiet and I loved that, I could sleep like a baby all night long, this was also because of the beds they have, I don't know if they are exclusive or hand-made but I definitely want one of those at home, they were fantastic.

I spent most of the time (while I was at the hotel) near the pool, the pool bar was amazing and the drinks and food... delicious, it was very good because there wasn't many people around there so it was quiet and relaxing, and the few people that were there became friends of mine, and we ended up hitting the National Park in one afternoon.

We could see the beach from the hotel all the time but actually being there was charming, definitely worth it.

Food at the restaurant was also quite nice, especially dinners, they give you this romantic feeling because of the lights and privacy, quite nice, even if you are there with your family you'll enjoy it very much.

Staff members were super helpful all the time, pointing us into the right direction even when we asked them things not related to the hotel itself, tours and things like that.

The pool in itself was very safe for the kids too, it has a big slide that they enjoyed very much and I didn't see them at any point in danger, so that was comforting.

The spa was wonderful too, I only went there once, my wife twice and she was delighted with how good it was, I can't say anything else but outstanding, I felt sooooo relaxed the whole time I was there.

They offer their own tours including night-walks through nature, canopy, horseback riding, some waterfall swimming and some more that I can't remember, those were the ones that my family and I tried; Night-walk was amazing and I didn't even know there were so many plants and animals in the mountains, canopy was.... thrilling, well it wasn't my thing (scared to death) but my kids seemed to enjoy it very much. Horseback riding was cool too, I've never ridden a horse in all honesty and it wasn't as complicated as I thought it'd be, so that was fun, and the waterfall swimming... well what can I say, it was amazing, I haven't seen anything similar to that before in my life. Once in a lifetime experience indeed.

So... million dollar question... Price. considering what I received during my whole stay there, my family, everything, how good it was, I'd say that the price was fantastic, not extremely cheap but I'd definitely go there again in the future without a doubt.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
D_QCostaRica, Manager at Hotel Si Como No, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear MarcoE:
After reading your generous review, we wanted to express our gratitude and remind ourselves of the personal rewards for sharing what we believe is our mission in hosting each and every guest. We can't always meet the expectations of everyone who crosses our lobby threshold, but fortunately many share your view as we continue to deliver the exceptional experiences that our Greentique hotels are all about; Sustainable Hospitality with Pura Vida charm.
Thank you again for your comment and we hope to have you again as our guest or at our sister hotels, Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel in route to Arenal Volcano in San Ramon, or Aguila de Osa Inn near Corcovado National Park.
Best regards
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked this hotel over 3 months before we got there. Since we are a couple with three small kids,We asked for two connected rooms and they were not able to give us any. The rooms they did give us were located in a terrible location and the fence separating the corridor and the rooms was unsafe. I felt like my kids could fall of the balcony.
There is no accses to the beach .
There are no tv's in the room

The breakfast was lousy.
This is definatly not a 3 star hotel not even a two star.
At 250 dollars per night it's a total ripoff.

• Stayed March 2013
D_QCostaRica, General Manager at Hotel Si Como No, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Fortunately your unique and extremely disturbing review does not begin to compare to the vast majority of positive comments from Trip Advisor. That also is reflected by the majority of our Guest Surveys that honestly puts your comments in a unique category of a tiny fraction difficult for us to comprehend and respond. I cannot, in good conscious, offer an apology that provides any rational reply since we cannot begin to find any logic or merit to your unique review. So regretfully this is our own unique response by management, especially considering all the sincere efforts we made to find adjoining rooms that were never formally requested during a week with full occupancy.
Respectfully,

Jim Damalas
Wilton Manors, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at Si Como No in Manuel Antonio, Our Room was large with an incredible view, peaceful and quite, the bathroom was enormous, the Lobby was wide open to the view of the Ocean, landscape was beautiful lush, the restaurant on property so very tasty, we had a perfect stay, Loved every minute of the trip and the Hotel.. the Pools were both perfect for relaxation and a bit of sun, with a cold drink at the swim up to bar I would go back in a second

Room Tip: All the rooms have different locations and offer different things, it depends on what you want Lov...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Toby H:

Although we can't be everything to every customer, when we read the kind of reviews that you so kindly shared here, it's gratifying to know we never get tired of reading them nor take any comment, guest survey or Trip Advisor review for granted. All of them are equally important because every guest who decides to share part of their holiday with us is an opportunity to deliver our brand of exceptional Costa Rica experiences. Although we always welcome constructive criticism, and sometimes it can be a bit extreme form the vast majority of customer feedback, its good to know we usually meet or exceed customer expectations that you so graciously reviewed.

Hope you come back again and perhaps include a package with our sister Greentique Hotels here in beautiful Costa Rica where we believe the magic of nature is equaled by the good nature of Ticos ready to host you again.
Best regards
Operations Manager

Been to Hotel Si Como No? Share your experiences!