“Overall a Very Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Si Como No

Save Saved
You added Hotel Si Como No to your Saves list
Hotel Si Como No
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Manuel Antonio, Quepos, Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica   |
Special Rate
4 x 3
San Francisco, California
“Overall a Very Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

When we first arrived to the hotel, there were a bunch of white face monkeys jumping around tree to tree in front of the hotel and through the hotel lobby. It was a great start. The view was beautiful and service was nice. They upgraded us to a deluxe room and it seemed quaint. However, the rooms need some upgrading. You need keys to open the doors. There is no tv inside the rooms. The bathroom and showers seems like dorm room quality. I understand the ecotourism bit that Costa Rica is using. However, I expected a little better. Both the hotel pools are nice. The water is pretty warm and the water slide and pool bar are a plus. I enjoyed the massage I received at the spa. Overall, I had a good time and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

706 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The view, the service, the food....the pool for kids and then the pool for adults...this beautiful hotel was my favorite I stayed at. It is clean, the location is perfect! And the spa treatment I had was the best I have ever had, and I am a spa person...The restaurant Rico Tico has a fabulous breakfast buffet, and the other restaurant Claro Que Si has a magical ambiance and delicious food! Also the animal refuge that is across the street from the hotel is amazing. They have a night hike that I highly recommend. I will be back, and will always stay at this magical spot overlooking the rainforest and ocean!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

First off...everyone staying in or around the area needs to do this tour! I think in our 12 day vacation in Costa Rica this was a highlight. Michael and his crew were great! He was so knowledgeable about stuff in the area and nature as well. I pretty sure he knew more about my camera then I did! He showed me how to take some awesome photos!
This tour was great because it included a little bit of everything we were looking for in Costa Rica. Even though it rained a little, it didn't hinder our trip in the slightest! I thought it was going to be a tour with a bunch of people but it was just us two! It felt a little weird to be waited on but it was a nice treat!
I love how it was a tour that helped the area of Santa Juana while also promoting sustainability! I didn't want to go to Costa Rica and rent ATVs riding through the rainforest! The guy running the front counter (who seemed to be the manager) seemed very genuine in thanking us for doing the tour. I wish we could've stayed and checked out the botanical gardens and mini wildlife area they had. Props to Michael and Si Como No! Will for sure recommend this tour

• Stayed September 2012
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I live in Costa Rica so I've been to Manuel Antonio several times and this is the 4th hotel I've stayed at in this area. Who knew, every time that I drove by this curious place called Si Como No that I was missing out on one of the best hotels in the area! The room I had was quiet, had a beautiful and large balcony overlooking the jungle down to the ocean...just gorgeous! The staff was amazingly friendly, professional and very helpful with everything and anything! I ate most meals at Rico Tico because I was out doing things all day so breakfast and dinner were here and everything was delicious and the wait staff was very attentive and friendly. Probably my favorite part of the hotel was the adults only pool! To be able to go to the pool and know kids will not be splashing water or screaming every time they jump into the water is something you just can't put a price on! I was even able to sit in the pool bar area with my laptop and get some work done while enjoying the quietness and beauty of the surroundings. They also have a happy hour (2 for 1) which is a great deal...definitely another plus of the adult pool. I'll be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for three nights and it was beautiful. The room was gorgeous, ocean view. Many of the buildings are integrated into the trees so the place feels very natural. Breakfast buffet was great. Happy hour from 4:30 to 6:30, try the sangria.

Would recommends ugly.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the place. Just ask if your room has a balcony facing the o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Had a lovely room with an amazing view. Wish we could have stayed longer. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Appreciate their ecofriendly ethos. Pools were nice and the restaurants were quite good.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem to be great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Had a great time in Quepos at Si Como No. Prior to arrival we had not planned any activities. However, the concierge was very helpful and booked all our tours. The room was spacious and well kept for an eco-conscious hotel. The hotel is built into the cliff and you have fabulous views of the ocean.

You must take a tour with Michael into Manuel Antonio and the the night frog tour. He is excited about his job and will give you so many interesting facts about the wildlife.

There were two pools - one for adults only. You need to check out the waterslide in the family pool though, it was fun!

Overall the grounds were kept clean and there was always someone around if you had a question. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Si Como No? Share your experiences!