“Spectacular Views and Great Restaurants” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Si Como No

Save Saved
You added Hotel Si Como No to your Saves list
Hotel Si Como No
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Manuel Antonio, Quepos, Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica   |
Special Rate
4 x 3
San Diego, California
“Spectacular Views and Great Restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Had a lovely room with an amazing view. Wish we could have stayed longer. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Appreciate their ecofriendly ethos. Pools were nice and the restaurants were quite good.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem to be great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

720 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Had a great time in Quepos at Si Como No. Prior to arrival we had not planned any activities. However, the concierge was very helpful and booked all our tours. The room was spacious and well kept for an eco-conscious hotel. The hotel is built into the cliff and you have fabulous views of the ocean.

You must take a tour with Michael into Manuel Antonio and the the night frog tour. He is excited about his job and will give you so many interesting facts about the wildlife.

There were two pools - one for adults only. You need to check out the waterslide in the family pool though, it was fun!

Overall the grounds were kept clean and there was always someone around if you had a question. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Tenn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a beautiful property with an amazing view of the Pacific Ocean. Clao Que Si restaurants' daily lunch special for $9 is a great value for an appetizer, entree, & frozen fruit drink. The Rico Tico breakfast buffet is excellent with quite an extensive selection.

Room Tip: Dont have a room at street level.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Great Neck, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My family (husband and 2 kids ages 15 and 17) stayed at Si Como No based on a recommendation from friends. Two issues - A few days before our stay I tried to change our reservation from 5 nights to 4 as we decided to make a stop in Montezuma first. At first the hotel was giving us a hard time and was going to charge us for that extra night, although we did have a special rate of stay 4 get a 5th. Since it wasn't going to cost us anything because that 5th night was free I let it go until she told me that the special was also stay 3 get a 4th night which would have meant getting a credit for a night. That would have a big savings as their nightly rates are high. To make a long story short, when we checked in I spoke with the manager Dennis. He was very gracious, looked into the matter and told us that rate would be honored for us and gave us credit for the extra night.
The next issue was the location of our room, right below the restaurant. At night we heard all the voices and music from the restaurant which kind of takes away from the peaceful environment. We tend to be early birds and were in the room pretty early at night. If you go out late it probably wont be an issue as the restaurant gets quiet by 11 pm or earlier. I spoke to Dennis about this and he upgraded us to a honeymoon suite, no extra charge. I feel Dennis made such a huge effort to keep us happy and we really appreciated all he did for us.
The hotel is very well kept with workers constantly cleaning and maintaining the grounds. The hotel is built into a cliff so there were many ,many steps getting to lobby, pool, rooms etc. . Both rooms we had were oversized, had huge, pretty bathrooms and great views. The rooms were very clean.We did not have a bug problem, although ants did come out on the balcony but only at night. They were gone by morning. Although my husband saw a monkey at breakfast one day, we did not see any others but could hear the howler monkeys!! The pools were lovely, my kids definitley enjoyed the swim up bar that served both food and beverages. We had a full breakfast (complimentary) every morning with a mix of American and Tico food. Eggs, potatos, french toast (my favorite!), yougurt, pancakes, plaintains, rice and beans, fresh fruit to name some of the food. You wont leave hungry. My husband and son had lunch (pizza) in the Rico Tico Restaurant one day that they thought was mediocre, actually terrible was the word they used. But the breakfast was really good with beautful views. We did not have dinner in the hotel at all, too many choices of restaurants nearby in walking distance. (check out Cafe Milagro and Victoria's ). The concierge was very helpful in suggesting tours and booking them for us. My husband did a bike trip and as a family we went white water rafting (a must!!) Now the spa is something I must write about. They were having a great special, $50 for an hour of back, neck , shoulder massage. The spa was so pretty and calming. As a side note- I have been suffering from back pain for almost 4 years, had other massages at home, acupuncture, pain killers, yoga, nothing was helping. I dont remember his name (only one male working there) but I told him (masseuser) about this muscle pain and he focused on that area. The massage was so AMAZING. He worked that area for me and I felt like a new person after, no pain. And the best part about it, it's been 2 months already and I am still PAIN FREE!! He cured me!!! That alone was worth staying at Si Como No!!!
Overall, I thought it was a beautiful hotel, great location, helpful staff, great breakfast and relaxing. I was sorry we didnt see any monkeys around. The hotel expensive but all the hotels in the area that I looked into were overpriced as it is a touristy area. We did however enjoy ourselves there and would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Try and stay away from a room near the restaurant unless you are out at night till about 11 when it...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Southington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The staff was very friendly, the views are stunning and there are monkeys outside the door. Rooms are a bit small for the price, but well maintained. The kids really liked the slide into the pool and the swim up bar. Also, the nature reserve across the street (owned by the hotel) had a very interesting night frog tour which we all loved. The only negative is that the Claro Que Si restaurant is not very good for the amount they charge. The Rico Tico, however is pretty good.
We would definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed here 10 years ago (when I was single) so thought it was a no brainer but I guess my tastes have upgraded and the hotel hasn't since my last trip. This hotel has a fantastic view, super "green" and courteous staff but the rooms are quite dated, especially for the price. We actually checked out a night earlier to head on to our next stop. This hotel, more than the 3 others we stayed at in Costa Rica, had issues with insects around the outdoor breakfast area and small ants in the room in mutiple places. Seems to be accepted as part of the "experience".

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Si Como No for 5 nights and overall had a great experience. The hotel is extremely well maintained. I am not sure if it has gone through a recent renovation or if they just do a great job keeping it up, but I was very pleasantly surprised that in this type of climate, the hotel, pools and room were immaculate.

The front desk and tour/concierge desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I have been on a lot of tropical vacations where tours were booked and this was by far the easiest experience I've had. Tours were booked in a matter of a minute or two. They answered any questions we had and did not try to push or upsell us on anything. We had to cancel or reschedule one of our tours literally 30 minutes before we were supposed to leave beacaue my husband was sick. I expected to probably be charged and out of luck. The front desk said no problem and was so friendly and accomodating and rescheduled it for us with the tour company for another day later in the week. That was a great customer experience. Due to our overnight flight into San Jose, we also arrived by 9am on the day of check-in. The front desk had our room ready by 10 am, way before the check-in time.

We booked a standard jungle view room. Again we were pleasantly surprised. We had at least a partial ocean view. The room looked like it had been freshly painted and was very updated. Everything was again very well maintained. My husband has allergies, so I was concerned about mold, which is a problem at a lot of tropical hotels, but definitely not an issue here. My only minor complaint is about the tv. I know and understand why they choose not to have tvs and we saw a good effort being made to be green here. There were a few times when it was raining at night and when my husband was stuck in the room because he was sick that it would have been nice to have a tv. If I return, I'll bring a laptop and a few dvds.

Overall, I would give the hotel 5 stars, but unfortunately the restataurants were another story. The restaurants look nice, but the food quality was not good. We ate at Claro Que Si the first night and were disappointed. We both had fish entrees. Mine was overcooked and underseasoned, my husband's was undercooked and overseasoned/embellished. It was expensive and we were unimpressed with the appetizer, entrees and dessert. My husband also became very sick with food poisoning type symptoms. I can't say for sure what caused it, but we had not eaten or drank anything not from the hotel that day. The breakfast tasted ok and the breakfast area has a great view, but we were a little concerned about how the food sits out for often quite a long time when it is not busy. There is an attempt made to heat/cool it, but still concerning along with food being over or undercooked here as well. Ate at Rico Tico as well and didn't see any issues with food prep, but food was just not that good and expensive. We are not picky eaters and don't normally have weak stomachs, and liked the food we ate in elsewhere in the area. I would recommend Aqua Azul just down the street.

This was a fantastic hotel and I would defnitely return, just walk to the many nearby restaurants to eat.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Si Como No? Share your experiences!