“Lovely Stay...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Parador

You added Hotel Parador to your Saves list
Hotel Parador
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   PO Box 284, Quepos, Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica   |
Hotel deals
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Lovely Stay...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were in Costa Rica for an all-girls vacation with my best friend and sister and stayed at the Parador from March 15-19. The staff was wonderful, our waiters - especially Jason and Eric - always had a smile on their faces and the people at the front desk were helpful. We arrived excited and tired from our red-eye flight and we were greeted with hand towels and a delicious pineapple drink. We were upgraded from the Garden rooms to the Tropical rooms courtesy of the hotel and we appreciated that. It was the perfect start to a lovely vacation. The hotel sits at the highest point of the hill where many other hotels are located but the Parador is the only hotel you can see from Manuel Antonio National Park because it's nestled into the high cliffs and forest. You're surrounded by views of the Pacific ocean and awaken to the sound of Howler monkeys in the morning. Wildlife roams surrounding forest and grounds. We saw a huge lizard near our rooms every morning and even named him Clyde. This is a great hotel with many pools and wonderful service. My favorite person though was the masseuse at the spa - talk about magic fingers! We scheduled massages for the three of us and after our session, we were treated to fruit and yogurt, it was the highlight of my stay at the hotel. Rooms were always cleaned by the time we got back from our tours. The only area that could be improved is the food, aside from the breakfast buffet (which was complimentary and decent), the food at the restaurants was very expensive and ok but not great. There is complimentary shuttle service to Manuel Antonio National Park ad Quepos, which we didn't use but was a nice option. Overall, if you can get a good deal on the rooms, I'd recommend the Parador. Thanks to the staff for their service!

Room Tip: If you are planning to visit Costa Rica during their summer season (March through July) then I'd...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
jrodriguezarroyo, Director of Sales at Hotel Parador, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience about your lovely vacation at Parador. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the resort’s natural surroundings, wildlife including the Howler Monkeys, your experience at the Pacifica Spa and of course, our staff’s warm hospitality and service! We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Pura Vida!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel has a great view and location as well as good swimming pools. For us it was a little to cheesy - neither chic nor classic - but understand how some might enjoy it. Food and drink good though. Particularly enjoyed the cerviche.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
jrodriguezarroyo, Director of Sales at Hotel Parador, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We are sorry to hear that your impression of our resort was a “little cheesy” as we strive to offer our guests a memorable vacation experience – from our natural surroundings, wildlife, to our adventure tours that showcase the essence of Costa Rica and the resort’s amenities and its proximity to the world renowned Manuel Antonio National Park.
Verona, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here for Christmas 2012. We were part of a group of about 25. This was still before the peak season.
The first night was a fabulous buffet open to everyone. You chose what you wanted and they grilled it for you. There were many options. It was all-you-can-eat. Breakfast buffets were also good.
We used this as a base of operations for going to Isla Damas, Manuel Antonio and a snorkel cruise out of Quepos. It was convenient to all. There are several trails through their grounds. We went for a night hike and saw a Ferruginous Pygmy Owl.

Room Tip: There's a small self-serve laundry. It has two washers and two dryers. They worked fine, though...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jrodriguezarroyo, Director of Sales at Hotel Parador, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Your kind words are very welcome. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay including our famous buffet! And glad to see that you enjoyed excursions to Isla Damas, Manuel Antonio and a snorkel cruise out of Quepos.

Thank you for sharing with others your wonderful experience in this forum.

We hope to welcome you back soon!
Lanlivery, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is in glorious immaculately kept grounds with wonderful views.Breakfasts are superb, dinners not so good with prices that do not include the 23% taxes. This was the only time when service was less than perfect with some waiters needing better training.The shuttle bus is not available in the evening so we were not able to try other restaurants without a $20 taxi.We opted for the cheapest garden room which was spacious and well equipped with a sunny flowery terrace looking into the trees where we could watch the birds,butterflies and monkeys.For a change of view and more breeze we took the lift to the terrace above.The adult pool is small and shallow but the nearby beach which you walk down a forest path to was safe and unspoiled.You can also hire equipment there.And if you are feeling very lazy they will send a golf cart to pick you up from the top of the path.

Room Tip: Why spend more for a top room. How long are you going to spend in it?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
You’re so right: monkeys, birds and butterflies show up quite often on our grounds, and we’ve gone to great lengths to make sure they feel quite at home
We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding your experience in the restaurant as it help us to improve our services and have taken the necessary steps to improve the areas that you highlighted.

I truly hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back.
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The views from this Premium Plus room are fantastic, on one side the quiet bay in the distance with dense forest that is full of vibrant life right outside the balcony. The other view is a breathtaking panorama of the Pacific crashing into the inshore rocks.
I have to say that this hotel is probably the best I've ever stayed in and I've stayed in a few on my travels.
The room and its location was perfect, the staff were pleasant, polite and attentive.
The atmosphere within the public areas took one back to a historic time, there is loads of interesting artifacts dotted around the place at strategic places. The Piano Bar could be an old Mexican saloon.
The Pools are idyllic, especially the adults pool....bet you have a photo shoot with the crocodile in the main pool :-)....after you've wrestled the croc into submission you can swim up to the pool bar for a well deserved beer.
We preferred the snack restaurant meals that finish at 5.30pm to the main Galeria restaurant.
Facilities are spot on: gym, souvenir shop and activity shack where you can pay for one of their guided tours around the hotel's nature trail. You have got to do the night tour, it really is the rainforest at night.................and you're never more that 300 metres from a luxurious hotel, unbelievable!
Special mention to manager Silvia, Thank-you again Ma'am you were a Diamond xx

Room Tip: Premium Plus, room 423 is heaven lol. All of those rooms are fantastic but that one has an L shaped...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that you liked the breathtaking views and the location of our Hotel, as well as you were very satisfied with your room and the amenities that we provide to our guests. Also glad to hear that you enjoyed our guided tours and the relaxing atmosphere at the Galeria Restaurant..

Thank you also for your positive feedback regarding our employees, especially highlighting our Group Manager helpfulness.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Pura vida!
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I spent a couple of days in the Manuel Antonio area during my vacation in Costa Rica. The pictures online were great and I never actually thought what I'd see with my own eyes could be more beautiful than what the photos represented. When I arrived, I was greeted by the reception and byJimmy who brought me a tropical beverage (it should have been alcoholic) along with a wet towel for my hands. We were driven to the stairs leading to our room. As many others have said, this place is a bit off the beaten path from the main road and I didn't mind. They have scheduled complimentary shuttle rides to the beach area throughout the day.

The onsite restaurant was a bit expensive. Because I arrived late and the location, I didn't have much of a choice in food. Dinner was done buffett style for $30/USD per person. It was sushi night. I thought they were a bit too proud of themself for charging that amount of money for the options and quality. I wasn't aware that I could have eaten out of their regular menu until I saw another couple getting different meals. Breakfast was pretty standard with made to order omelette.

The weather and the view from the hotel was absolutely stunning.

Overall, I am satisfied with my stay here. I wish the food wasn't so overpriced for what it was and their pool side drinks need more alcohol content. After all, this is a very touristy area.

I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Keep your AC on high to keep the flying ants away.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your sharing your experience in this forum. So glad to see that our resort location, views, natural surroundings and amenities exceeded your expectations
We are sad to hear that you did not have the opportunity to enjoy our different dining venues which include four restaurants serving international and local dishes at reasonable prices. Thank you for making mention by name some of our outstanding staff members as the are truly special to us.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Thank you for sharing your experience on this TripAdvisor forum
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The rooms are beautiful I have stayed in the older part of the hotel an the newer part. Now I prefer to stay in the new building room 5432 is one of the rooms I have stayed in . This room is beautiful and has great views the deck over looks the pool an ocean . It sets on the corner next to the jungle while I am showering I can look out at the jungle where I have saw Howler Monkey families looking back at me :0). On my last stay I was lucky enough to get the room on the top floor this time I was lucky enough to see a large Howler Monkey family moving threw the jungle going from there night time place to a day time place. I saw three mommies with babies on their backs of course dad and other family members. Also that same morning the White Face Monkeys were traveling what luck .This part of this hotel is very Monkey friendly the deck outside the rooms wraps around so you can follow the monkeys as they travel. The rooms have small tubs on each deck for romantic ocean viewing and the staff will even set them up for you so after dinner you can come back to a bath of rosé petals. This Hotel also have a romantic wine cellar that can be used for a romantic dinner. They also have a great spa the spa has a pool an hot tub open to the jungle which I have saw Monkeys . At the main building they have a pool with swim up bar then a Adult Pool closer to the jungle. he new Building has a pool a pool and bar to have drinks orLunch. I say go and enjoy!

Room Tip: New Building 5432
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We truly appreciate your feedback!

It is so gratifying to read your recognizing words and your praise of our service quality. Please be assured that we highly value your patronage and thank you for being such a loyal fan of Parador Resort & Spa! Glad to see that you enjoyed the Howler Monkeys! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your romantic getaway!

We would be thrilled to welcome you back anytime in the future! Thank you for sharing your experience in this forum.

Been to Hotel Parador? Share your experiences!