“Laughter Filled, Fun & Educational Adventure” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Vacation Buggy provides "Only Private Excursions" for families and groups to tour our local area or an exciting adventure to a very remote area of the Rainforest...These Private Excursions are only for you, your family, or group, and we travel in our Extremely Cool, Vacation Buggy/ATV or Jeep, Limousine. We offer two very popular excursions - Our Welcoming "get to know the area" excursion, allows you to quickly get acclimated to our towns of Manuel Antonio and Quepos areas as we show you all of the great restaurants, night life, beach's, ATM"s, etc... or experience some of Costa Ricas most remote locations with our extremely popular Jungle/Waterfall excursion - which is one of the only ways to go deep into the True Rainforest. This excursion allows you to see the real side of Costa Rica as we journey through the palm plantation, quaint towns and villages on our way to the top of the Rainforest.. Get acquainted with the local area, explore the incredible jungle or request our unique "Vacation Wedding Buggy" for that special day! Vacation Buggy can accommodate up to 8 guests with one Buggy and 15 with our Buggy and Custom Jeep, and is safe, secure and accessible to people of all ages and abilities.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Laughter Filled, Fun & Educational Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

You cannot go wrong with this adventurous day on the waterfall/jungle tour: suspension bridge, waterfalls, lush jungle, friendly Ticos, delicious lunch, palm plantation, hiking, swimming, local lore and information. I went with 4 close friends who were all ready for a day off the beach. We all had a great time and would recommend this tour to anyone ready for a laughter filled, fun and educational adventure.

Visited March 2013
100don100, Owner at Vacation Buggy Private Tours, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thanks for detailing your experience on our exciting Jungle/Waterfall tour as it is greatly appreciated. Glad that we were able to make your vacation very memorable...

Arkansas
“An unforgettable day!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

After reading many rave reviews about this tour on TA, I have to say I was expecting a lot, and I was NOT disappointed!!! I had been a little bit hesitant because of a recent injury about the hiking portion and a little hesitant of the suspension bridge because of a (somewhat) fear of heights. Much to my relief, I could do it all and it was so much fun! My husband and I, along with our two adult children, had a great time with Don, loved his comfortable "buggy" and so enjoyed learning about the area and seeing the small towns on the way to the rain forest. There cannot be a better way to see this part of Costa Rica! Enjoyed swimming, visiting the waterfalls and the special lunch on the way back, truly reflective of Costan Rican culture. Thank you, Don, for a marvelous day!!!

100don100, Owner at Vacation Buggy Private Tours, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Great title of you experience as you guys were an "Unforgettable" group. I thoroughly enjoyed touring your family and spending the day at our beautiful, little piece of paradise - at the waterfalls...

Thank you for touring with us and taking the time to detail your review!

Oakville, Ontario
“Can't get much better than this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We are an adventurous family, always looking for something new and exciting. We visit CR often, always looking for adventure to make new memories. We booked Vacation Buggy after reading reviews on TA and were more than pleasantly surprised with how great it was. My husband and I were travelling with our 2 teenage daughters and their 2 friends. Although we wanted adventure, safety was a huge concern as we were travelling with children other than our own! Don met us promptly at the agreed-to time, and was more than friendly and made us all feel comfortable right away. We loved how friendly he was and willing to share his knowledge with us. We headed high into the rain forest for an exciting day of waterfalls, swimming, bridge walking (!!!), exploring and learning, topped off with a great lunch at a great little local restaurant where we were greeted by friendly staff serving delicious local delicacies. The BEST part about the day was we never, ever felt rushed and made to feel like we were on tight timelines. We were having so much fun and Don made us feel like we had all the time in the world to enjoy ourselves. Our teenage girls loved to see the villages and how the villagers lived, and were very impressed with the friendly waves and smiles we received from everyone we passed along the way. This tour was worth EVERY PENNY we paid. I would do it again in a heartbeat and I hope to return. Thanks Don and Vacation Buggy for an experience we will never forget. Sean, Kim, Laura, Megan, Sam and Elliott. Oakville, Ontario, Canada

Visited March 2013
100don100, Owner at Vacation Buggy Private Tours, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
What a fantastic overall review - Thank you! I thoroughly enjoyed your family and the kids friends, and very pleased that you shared your experience on Trip Advisor as it not only helps our business but future guests as well. Glad that we were able to exceed your expectations and hope to see you next year....

All the best, Don
“Most Memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We took this tour with Don through the jungle through typical Costa Rican small back Village Townes was very insightful knowledgeable and friendly .. Going To the suspension bridge and waterfall was just so magical thrilling and exciting I could not have asked for a better tour to go on if you're in the Quapoes ,Manuel Antonio area And want to learn about small Costa Rican towns and the lifestyle of its people take this tour and it will be something you will never ever forget.. I sure wont !!!

100don100, Owner at Vacation Buggy Private Tours, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We appreciate the generous review and happy to hear that you all had a terrific time. Thanks for touring with us and please look us up again when you return - as I know you will....

Ajax, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This tour was suggested to us by a neighbour staying beside us in Manuel Antonio. We are so glad we went! Really felt like we saw the 'real' Costa Rica. Don was very knowledgeable and pointed out all kinds of things for us to see in the Manuel Antonio/Quepos area as well as the waterfalls and rainforest. The waterfalls and suspension bridge were outstanding. I would recommend wearing water shoes for this tour versus sandals as it will make it easier to walk through the waterfalls. The buggy is a very comfortable ride for both on and off road. Included is a typical Costa Rican lunch which was good to experience as well. I can't say enough about this tour, it was a definite high light during our trip to Manuel Antonio and should not be missed.

Visited March 2013
100don100, Owner at Vacation Buggy Private Tours, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thanks for taking time on your relaxing vacation to submit a great review on Vacation Buggy. I had a great time with your group and hope that we help make your vacation very memorable....

Much appreciated, Don