“A Great Find in Overcrowded Manuel Antonio” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“A Great Find in Overcrowded Manuel Antonio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were directed to the restaurant of this hotel by the proprietor of another hotel because we wanted not just an ordinary tourist establishment but one that stood out for the quality of its food;. it was an excellent recommendation. This is a small restaurant (five or six tables) serving a variety of fish and meat dishes. I had the dorado, which was very savoury Very popular, reservations recommended. A quiet restaurant with a thoughtful and friendly wait staff, and very relaxed atmosphere. There is no view of the ocean from this restaurant, but the food and service make it extremely worthwhile.

• Visited January 2013

Nashua, New Hampshire
“Coconut Margarita”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Oh my god you have GOT to try the coconut margarita at Villas Nicolas. On our last night we got the recipe and I'll spend the rest of my life trying to make one as good as the one(s) I had in Costa Rica... and I'll never be able to match it. We ate dinner there one night. Just about every restaurant in Manuel Antonio is open air patio seating which is awesome and comfortable. (no bugs at all) I just got an appetizer because I had a big lunch. It was mango / mozzarella salad with prosciutto and it was SOOO good. We went to other restaurants on other nights because we wanted to experience a variety of places, but we went back to Villas Nicolas several times to sit at the bar and sip just one more coconut margarita!

• Visited February 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Back Again to El Ranchito and Worth Every Penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I just love this restaurant - better than anywhere else in Quepos/Manuel Antonio. I don't think there is a chef who could possibly cook and serve fish better than Pato. The staff is fabulous (Alberto, Alexandria and her replacement Morgan) and the dining experience is intimate and friendly. I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant to anyone visiting this area of Costa Rica. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
El Dorado Hills, California
“Manuel Antonio's best little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We had the yellow fin tuna with the pineapple chile salsa and the fresh catch (mahi mahi with red pepper sauce) - both were fresh and cooked perfectly. We also got the cheeseburger for the kids, which was also awesome. Villas Nicolas is a great dinner place - quiet and intimate with great food. This has been our best dining experience in Manuel Antonio.

Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
“My favorite restaurant in Manuel Antonio!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Rancho at Villas Nicolas is a great, intimate restaurant. The chef and owner of the restaurant is a Manuel Antonio local who has a passion for cooking and is always coming up with new dishes. My husband and I go here for our date night whenever we can and always leave super content and happy. His seafood is always fresh and always a few different sauces to accompany. The best part is I am celiac and Kenneth, the chef, can always create a wonderful meal for me and I never worry about having any gluten attacks. He is very flexible with different dietary needs.
I highly recommend El Rancho, especially if you want to experience some local cooking.

• Visited August 2012