“The best home away from home we could have asked for.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villas Oasis

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manuel Antonio National Park
Villas Oasis
Manuel Antonio Road, Manuel Antonio National Park 6350, Costa Rica   |
Grafton, Massachusetts
“The best home away from home we could have asked for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

When we first booked our stay at Villas Oasis, we thought the reviews on TripAdvisor seemed too good to be true. We were much more than pleasantly surprised with every aspect of our stay. We didn't arrive in MA until around 3 in the morning, and Nadja was kindly awaiting our arrival. Not only did she book our transportation from San Jose for us, she answered any questions that we had. Throughout our trip she and Anders were incredibly helpful in truthfully giving us suggestions and advice on things to do in the area. We are so glad that we asked about places to eat, excursions to book, etc. because we got honest opinions by people who are locals to the area.
The Villas itself is absolutely incredible. The flora and fauna on the grounds are breathtaking, as is the lookout tower and the living areas. It was always nice to come back after a beachday and jump in the pool. The housekeeper did an amazing job, and all of the amenities like grocery, taxis and buses are within a very short walking distance. We have only been back home for about a week now, and we are still talking about how we can't wait to visit again!

The people and places in Costa Rica are amazing, but I am positive that one of the reasons we had such an amazing time was because Nadja, Anders and Heather were so kind and helpful!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Wow! This place is beautifully landscaped and has meticulously cared for grounds and lodging. Nadja, the concierge, was incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and so much fun! I really liked the location of Villas Oasis, some great restaurants nearby as well as the grocery store just a block away. We prepared some amazing meals using the awesome outdoor kitchen and then enjoyed the food poolside. The lookout tower is a great added bonus offering gorgeous views and a spot to get some breeze when it gets too hot. All in all I loved it here and can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

I can't say enough positive feedback about Villas Oasis. The penthouse is large yet cozy, the kitchen was spacious and modern, the bedrooms were well laid out and exactly what we needed. It is a quiet, serene property in a secure, central location. The pool is especially lovely, and the rancho is perfect for a small group. We celebrated my boyfriend's birthday with a barbecue in the rancho, and it was the perfect accommodation.

The staff at Villas Oasis in impeccable. Very attentive and accesible. Nadja was key to making our stay comfortable and enjoyable. Heather is very professional and helpful, too!

If you want a relaxing, comfortable, affordable stay in Manuel Antonio - this is it!

Room Tip: Book early for best selection of dates!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at the Villas Oasis. We were greeted by name by our concierge Nadja and she gave us a tour and helped us get settled. We had the Penthouse which was amazing! However, the things we enjoyed the most were the pool, hammocks and lookout tower. After a hot day, I loved laying in the pool and relaxing in the cool water while my boyfriend took a cat nap in the hammocks. Later that night we grabbed a bottle of wine, some Pizza from Antonio’s Pizza and sat up in the Lookout Tower and watched the sun set while the locals played soccer below. The staff there was amazing and helped us with boogie boards and maps to the best beaches. It was a great way to end our trip and I highly recommend staying there.

The only thing I would like to mention before your visit. If you are staying in the Penthouse, be cautious of leaving the outside bathroom door open at night. The bugs saw the lights from a mile away and flew into our apartment. Obviously it was completely our fault, but just a heads up.

To get there – they are located in between the soccer field and the local school, right behind the small church. Not far but we kept passing by it because we assumed it was on the main road.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
San Anselmo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

My famlly and I have been vacationing in Manuel Antonio for the past 10years and for the first time we stayed somewhere other than Tulemar Bungalos. My kids had outgrown their beach and would spend their time at the main beach where they could surf. A friend recommended Villa Oasis and after checking out their web page we decided to give it a try. We rented the Penthouse suite for 10 days and it was fantastic. The rooms, the settings, the pool, the security, the service were all first rate! We had a great time there and cannot wait to do it again next year.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

I stayed in the 1 bedroom apartment for 5 weeks in February. I was a solo traveler alone in a country that I did not know anyone. The moment I arrived, Heather gave me a tour of the area and went out of her way to make me comfortable. The room was perfect and had all modern accomodations that we are used to in the US. The cleaning woman Vilma, does the best cleaning job I have ever seen!! Nadja, the conceierge, was extremely friendly, professional and efficient in reserving tours and assisting me in anything and everything that I needed. Hamilton was also a big help. He does impectable work keeping the grounds clean and ready for guest use. I would absolutley recommend this hotel to anyone. It was more than I ever expected and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

We won a 4 night stay at the Villas in a charity auction (testament to the great hosts who donated their biggest room/apartment to a great cause). We had no trouble scheduling and getting the time we wanted and were treated like full paying guests (maybe even better!). Our apartment had 3 rooms and could easily sleep 6 or more. It had a great kitchen, AC in the bedrooms, and a fun outside shower (one inside too). The pool and grounds are comfy - including a shared outside grill area with hammocks and a nice pool area. There is a live-in care-taker Nadya who scheduled tons of activities with us, checked in regularly, and share lots of inside info on the area. The owners Heather and Nicholas stopped by from time to time and were also very helpful. It is right by a bus stop that goes directly into Quepos or to the beach regularly and takes only a few minutes so pretty convenient.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Villas Oasis? Share your experiences!