“Absolutely brilliant!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ADR Adventure Park

ADR Adventure Park
KM #2 on the road to Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio National Park 256Quepos, Costa Rica
506 277 70082
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Type: Canyons, Nature & Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: Immerse yourself in the forest of San Antonio de Damas, just 35 minutes from Quepos and the world famous Manuel Antonio Park, and let us take you on an unforgettable adventure through the jungle! The adventures included are: 1. waterfall rappel, 2. via ferrata, 3. canyon rappel, 4. canopy zipline, 5. canopy rappel 6. waterfall zipline, 7. waterfall tarzan swing, 8. free fall in river pool, 9. caving ladder,10. zipline guided rappel & 4x4 safari ride up the mountains.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London
“Absolutely brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Need to get to know the real Costa Rica, learn about local wildlife and trek, zip, hummer, rappel, and get your adrenaline going? Then look no further!!!

Once you get picked up you are brought to one of the stunning national parks and get kitted out and set out on a brilliant Hummer ride (which was used in Desert Storm) then trek your way to the base camp before you get kitted out with your abseiling (rappelling) , zip lining gear then head up to the canopies of the forest. The motto of the ADR guys is safety first and at no point do you feel at risk in any way. Our leader Alvaro was excellent and the 4 guys supporting him were also great. You have the option to get some photos at the end which we did and offered a brilliant memory of a great day out!

Castle Pines, Colorado
“Welcome to the Jungle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

What an outstanding adventure trip we had with ADR. The trip was well organized with a day packed with fun and challenges blended with education about the jungle vegetation life. The trip exposed my wife and I to 10 adventures that got our adrenaline flowing, but never did we feel unsafe. We are in our mid-50s and in relatively good shape and never felt physically over our heads. Our guide, Alberdo and his men, J.C., Jorge, Gustavo, were enthusiastic about our adventure and made the trip even more worthwhile. It is a trip into the jungle we will remember for many years and will recommend to anyone going to CR. The ADR Aventure was the highlight of our CR vacation. Welcome to the Jungle!

USA
6 attraction reviews
“Awesome 10-in-1 adventure in Manuel Antonio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We had a great time on ADR's 10-in-1 adventure! I couldn't actually tell you what all 10 activities are - and from reading other reviews, it sounds like they might be redoing their program a little bit. However, the activities we experienced were the Hummer ride, a short nature walk through the jungle, the Tarzan Swing, several repels, several ziplines, a free fall from the zipline into a little pool, and a zipline-repel. Unlike other reviewers here, we did not have the option of horseback riding - I don't know if they have removed that from the tour, or the horses were just not available that day. That being said, I don't feel like we missed out - the ride on the Hummer was a lot of fun. :)

I highly recommend this tour - the scenery we encountered here was unmatched in all the places we visited in Costa Rica. It was just absolutely stunning - lush rainforests, beautiful waterfalls, clear blue pools of water, and the bluest skies i've ever seen - it was like a movie, only it's for real. The level of difficulty of the activities here is suitable for adolescent children through older adults. You do need to be in pretty good shape - there is a lot of uphill hiking through muddy areas. It's also good for people who have never done any of these activities before - you still get a good taste for everything, but nothing is particularly scary. The guides are also very nice - if there is something you don't want to do, they will encourage you to try it, but if it's clear that you don't want to do it, they won't make you (unless you have to do it because there is no alternate route).

We also were really impressed by how safe we always felt on this trip. They make a point of making sure that you are always safely tethered to a line, even during the hiking portions - which I really appreciated, since I tend to feel more at risk of slipping and twisting an ankle on a hike than I do of falling off of a zipline.

Lastly, the guides were amazing. Alvaro and his crew were fun, funny, knowledgable, and very helpful. I had gotten sick the day before our scheduled trip, but I thought I was feeling well enough and I tried to go anyway - but as we were sitting and eating breakfast, I realized that my energy level was just too low and I probably wouldn't enjoy myself and maybe not even be able to handle the level of activity. Ramirez checked the books, made sure there was availability the next day, and promptly rescheduled our trip without a second thought. When we did go the next day, Alvaro made sure I was feeling ok, and even gave me a leaf to eat in the jungle that was supposed to help settle my stomach. I just felt incredibly grateful and cared for, and it was such a load off my shoulders that they were able to move our reservation without any issues so that we were able to fully enjoy ourselves the next day.

A professionally run company, enjoyable, safe, and fun activity, and amazing customer service. A+++ to ADR!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Definitely a must do!!! Extremely fun and adventurous, like nothing I've ever done. Highly recommend it!

Sayreville, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
“What an Adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was an amazing tour! Wear good foot ware. You will horseback ride, hike, swing on the Tarzan swing, rappel, and zip line! The guides are very careful to keep you safe. A must do when you are in Costa RIca. I'll be back!

Visited November 2012