“Great Price & Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jungle Villa Rooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manuel Antonio National Park
Jungle Villa Rooms
Opposite Hotel Byblos, Manuel Antonio National Park 6350, Costa Rica   |
“Great Price & Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Jungle Villa is absolutely gorgeous. The pool is large and was great for the kids in our group. Every view from the hotel is either of jungle or ocean. Monkeys come through the open deck and community kitchen area periodically, which was amazing and fun. The most beautiful place we stayed in Costa Rica. The owners were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This place is horrible! the owner is the rudest most intrusive person I have ever met. I asked prior to booking if he had reliable wifi as My girlfriend and I had to work 2 out of the 6 days. The owner said they have great Internet so we booked. The Internet and the AC didn't work in either our room or our friends room upstairs, so we lost 2 days of work. Also the shower had 5 dirty luffas in it when we checked in. We did not complain or say anything to him. Throughout our trip the owner asked at every chance if we turned off our lights and kept stating how expensive electricity is in Costa Rica, Which got so annoying. There is rust on the lamp and mold on the walls ( I have pics if proof is needed) and we still didn't complain cause we wanted to make the best of our week. On the last night there we started doing laundry and he stormed downstairs drunk yelling and screaming calling us thieves cause we didn't ask him if we can use the machines and repeated over and over pay me now.. Please note the machines were next to our room and we thought we had access and there was no sign stating otherwise. He demanded we pay and insulted us saying he should put a fence around the machine to keep us animals out. Even after we paid the insane fee of $10 for a load of cloths he still came down and took our cloths out of the dryer still wet cause the dryer was on for 30 min. We went home with wet cloths. I wouldn't advise anyone to stay at this place just because of the owner he shows no respect for his guest or staff. He also said to my girlfriend that the best wife is one that cost $40/hour (prostitute). This guy doesn't deserve to live in such a beautiful country. the employees are amazing and very fun to hangout, with they deserve better than an alcoholic owner that produces a hostel environment.
I have uploaded real pics of the place you can judge for your self.
Save you vacation and stay away from this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
margaritacr, Owner at Jungle Villa Rooms, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
As explained very detailed on our website, the beautiful Jungle Villa is located in the tropical part of Costa Rica. During the 7 months rainy season (may thru november) Manuel Antonio gets 12 feet of rain, sometimes 1 inch per hour!

Unlike cities in North America and Europe, the Jungle Villa is not flooded by this large amount of water. The villa is built for this climate. But yes, with 96% humidity in the rainy season you will sometimes see some mold. This is normal in all properties in our area.

Our villa has all-day maid service, not just 1 hour a day. Our maids know exactly where mold will appear and they remove the mold every day. Also, our maids are not offended if you ask them to remove the mold whenever you see it.

Visitors of Costa Rica should be aware they are staying in the country with the highest electricity rates in the World which are increased 20 to 30 percent every year. To force everyone to save as much energy as possible, Costa Rican electricity companies also charge more per KwH if you use more KwH's.

For this reason we have signs in all bedrooms asking to switch off the lights, fans and air-conditioning when leaving the room. It's indeed very annoying for us to see that guests, like this reviewer, have gone to the beach or went on a tour for many hours, and all lights, fans and air-conditioning in their room are still on.

Much to our surprise this reviewer became very angry and upset when we kindly reminded him to respect our house rules and to switch off lights, fans and airco when leaving his room. He became very aggressive and started to shout at our staff and other guests that he found our request very intrusive.

Every day of his entire stay in the Jungle Villa this reviewer worked online for several hours a day. Our staff and other guests can testify this. Since the villa owners bought the villa early 1999, the villa always had the fastest available internet connection in Manuel Antonio. Simply because the villa owners needed 24/7 internet access to monitor their own popular travel websites which are online since early 1995. When internet via satellite became available in Costa Rica, the jungle villa was the first customer. When dedicated DSL connections became available in Manuel Antonio, our villa was again the first customer. For many years the Jungle Villa had 2 or more different internet connections to be sure we always had at least one working internet connection. The longest period the villa had no internet connection at all lasted 2 hours only.

On the last day of this reviewer's stay we were told at 10pm by another guest that our washer and dryer were making noise. We checked and discovered that the reviewer had started to use our washer and dryer without our permission and without any payment. Nowhere we mention on Airbnb that guests can use our washer and dryer. We asked them to switch off the washer and dryer because other guests were sleeping already. We were simply ignored. Then the other guests also asked politely to stop washing and they were ignored too.

Again the reviewer started to shout at our staff and our other guests. He shouted he would write a bad review on Tripadvisor if he could not finish his washing. We didn't want to escalate it and let them finish the washing. They continued washing and drying till after midnight and never paid anything for it. We were simply taken by the brutality and rudeness of these guests. This had never happened to us since we started to rent our villa in 2005.

On the day they left the wife of this reviewer apologized to the staff for the stressful behavior of her husband. She explained he got a burn-out several weeks before and that the burn-out was the reason they went on vacation to Costa Rica. She also apologized to the owner that her husband called him an alcoholic. She told the staff she never saw the owner drinking one drop of alcohol during their entire 6-day stay!
Still the staff and other guests were very relieved when these guests had left. The peace in the unique Jungle Villa had returned!
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This lovely villa in the jungle in Manuel Antonio is absolutely Fantastic! If I could give it 6 stars I would! Ad and his staff treat you like one of their own family from the moment you arrive.

This place is definitely worth every penny you spend, whether you rent a room or you rent the entire villa ( the entire villa is VERY reasonable, I want to put a group together and go back just to enjoy the villa). The grounds that surround the villa are the real surprise. When you walk down the pathway from the street all of the worries of the day just seem to melt right off of you There are a number of species of mammals and birds that make their home around the property; which if I were an animal living in this part of Costa Rica, this is where I would hang out!!

I really enjoyed the open layout of the Villa, as my bedroom was very large and has a lovely bath area. This room could sleep 4 people very comfortably, but Ad keeps the rate very reasonable so I could enjoy it on my own. It was hot during the day, but the light wind came in the evening making it very pleasant to sleep without the air conditioning on.

There is a very large kitchen for creating your meals in while the many sitting, dining and seating areas are spaced perfectly just away from each other that you can enjoy your privacy when needed. The pools are magnificent, and Ad will teach you to take a swim just before bed to calm you after a long day of exploring the area.

Ad is the perfect host and will give you any information you will need to make your stay in Manuel Antonio a fun and exciting one. He is very good company as well, extremely intelligent, very kind and caring to his guests as well as to the staff that work with him.

We were visited by the Titi Monkeys one of the evenings I was there and that experience alone you will never have at any hotel in the area. Check out the video he posted online and see for yourself.
The only negative that I could possibly think of was that I did not book more than 4 nights!!!! I should have invited a certain special someone to enjoy this villa with as well. That is exactly what I will do the next time I visit..
Thanks Ad, Marta, Orlando and Jason, you made the final week of my visit to Costa Rica very special, one I am not soon to forget for quite some time!

Room Tip: The upper room is the best in my opinion, but the lower rooms have a bit more privacy if you need th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

When you love to go on vacation with your family and friends and want everyone in the group to be happy for seven or more days, the Jungle Villa is as good as it gets. Each room has a television, but on our recent visit there, we never bothered to turn one on. Not even once!

The stylish centrally located Kitchen was the center of our world where we made world class meals and drinks while overlooking the play of children, geckos, Jesus lizzards, iguanas, tree frogs, vine snakes, three types of monkeys, seven toads that swim in the pool at night, and my Mom. We tried going out to dinner, but all soon agreed that the inexpensive fresh fish, vegetables, and fruit to be had in the market in Quepos could not be beat. Fresh Tuna, Sea Trout, Mahi Mahi, and Marlin were staples of of our diet and we always had more than everyone could eat. I could go on and on about the culinary experience and the food prepared in the kitchen, but in brief, it was the source of great joy. It was also wonderful to have Marta there in the morning to put the whole place back in order. Note: Buy alcohol in in the duty free shop on your way there if you can. It's a great deal.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so I think everyone can see the fun pools and the monkeys etc. but what is difficult to see is how much space this property provides.There is so much room on the main floor and surrounding grounds that even with fourteen people, we never felt crowded in any way. In fact we hosted other friends who were in town as well for drinks and dinner. They were impressed.

I had not expected on having staff in our vacation home and was a little uncomfortable at first with the thought, but after a few days it all felt quite natural. I could get used to this! Marta, Jason and Orlando are quiet folk, but this does not mean that they are not willing to do whatever it takes to make your vacation 100% complete. Next time we visit, I will be more prepared to utilize their talents to make our vacation even easier. Shopping for groceries is fun in a foreign country, but if you have the choice of doing that or going rafting on class 4/5 rapids, ask Orlando to do the shopping for you.

The location of the property in hindsight is ideal. I always love a house on the beach, but in this area there are very few if any there. The main road is over the hills, so this is where the houses, transportation, and shops are and also where you want to be. Walking to the beach was great exercise, and one could always take a bus or taxi back home if not up for walking back up the hill. After a week of living like this, I feel five years younger.

As for the property owner, I cannot say enough. He was our hero. Any question or concern or travel arrangement issue was quickly and promptly addressed and handled with fairness. I very much appreciate and respect his fair and even handed approach and would not hesitate to call on him for any reason. In a foreign country it is good to have a local adviser and he is a capable one.

I now understand that the Villa is often rented by the room and now happily consider this option as well. The space is large beautiful and open, the staff willing and capable, especially if you speak Spanish, and the owner fair, interesting, and knowledgeable. If I were traveling by myself or in a smaller group, I think that the villa would also be a great place from which to see Manuel Antonio and Quepos.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
berlin, Pa, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Our whole party really enjoyed this villa! We did a wedding the week of march 15th,2013 and for us, we couldn't have chosen a better spot! The rooms are comfortable, we were not looking for fancy. Every where you turn, the view is great. From the ocean, to the jungle, to the 3 awesome swimming pools. If you enjoy nature, this is your spot! Very spacious, room for many guests to fit comfortably. There is always staff there to assist you and the house manager is very good at setting up a tour, even last min. We got visits from a family of squirrel monkeys one day, visit from a huge family of white faced monkeys another day, and the cutest frog another day. For as open as the house is, it's surprisingly free of bugs!!!! Very safe, very beautiful, very reasonable rates!!! Loved it.........trip of a lifetime!!!! Thank you Ad and Thierry for helping make our wedding trip easy and memorable!!!

Room Tip: If you chose to get both suites, you have the whole villa to yourself and still not too pricey!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We rented the villa for five days my friend was getting married in cr. wonderful service by the staff!!! A little bit of a language barrier but hey I don't speak Spanish what do you expect. We used translators on our phones it was fine. Location is very close to all the amenities. The three tiered pool is beautiful. We saw two different types of monkeys while staying there. Great open air common areas. No real issues at all. Great views. The bedrooms and bathrooms were fine, ac in the bedrooms worked fine. It was a great first trip to cr. my friends have been to cr several times and said this place is very nice. It is not a hotel but if you want the jungle experience this is a great place for you. Thanks to all the staff you were very helpful and kept the place up. The walk down in is steep so for someone with issues on hills this maybe more complicated. Overall I was very happy with this villa for our stay!

• Stayed March 2013
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Seven of us stayed here ( Friends, kids and grandma) for a week recently. The owner of the home was there when we arrived and we had a nice conversation. We had nightly security and daily maid service... super nice. We found out that the place used to be a restaurant. The pool was amazing, the monkeys were amazing and we never saw a bug... and we WANTED to!
The beds were comfy and not like in Mexico... rooms stayed cool and the breeze from the ocean was perfect.
My only words of caution are that if you can not tolerate stairs and hills don't come. My mom had a tough , tough time... did not bother us at all but she struggled.
The boys loved that the casino was across the street and visited on Super Bowl evening.. how many times can you watch the super bowl in a foreign country.
There were pleanty of pots and pans for cooking, plenty of bottled water and PLENTY of outside space that no one got in each others way.
Being from MN we are used to going up north to cabins and I felt like I was at a cabin in the jungle... The owner was right.. if you want 5 star service and marble floors etc.. don't come here.. if you want to be comfortable and have a relaxed time.. this is the place for you.
Thanks for a comfortable week!

Room Tip: Rent the entire villa.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Jungle Villa Rooms? Share your experiences!