“A fantastic Villa in Manuel Antonio!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jungle Villa Rooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manuel Antonio National Park
Jungle Villa Rooms
Save Saved
You added Jungle Villa Rooms to your Saves list
Opposite Hotel Byblos, Manuel Antonio National Park 6350, Costa Rica   |
Boulder, Colorado
“A fantastic Villa in Manuel Antonio!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This lovely villa in the jungle in Manuel Antonio is absolutely Fantastic! If I could give it 6 stars I would! Ad and his staff treat you like one of their own family from the moment you arrive.

This place is definitely worth every penny you spend, whether you rent a room or you rent the entire villa ( the entire villa is VERY reasonable, I want to put a group together and go back just to enjoy the villa). The grounds that surround the villa are the real surprise. When you walk down the pathway from the street all of the worries of the day just seem to melt right off of you There are a number of species of mammals and birds that make their home around the property; which if I were an animal living in this part of Costa Rica, this is where I would hang out!!

I really enjoyed the open layout of the Villa, as my bedroom was very large and has a lovely bath area. This room could sleep 4 people very comfortably, but Ad keeps the rate very reasonable so I could enjoy it on my own. It was hot during the day, but the light wind came in the evening making it very pleasant to sleep without the air conditioning on.

There is a very large kitchen for creating your meals in while the many sitting, dining and seating areas are spaced perfectly just away from each other that you can enjoy your privacy when needed. The pools are magnificent, and Ad will teach you to take a swim just before bed to calm you after a long day of exploring the area.

Ad is the perfect host and will give you any information you will need to make your stay in Manuel Antonio a fun and exciting one. He is very good company as well, extremely intelligent, very kind and caring to his guests as well as to the staff that work with him.

We were visited by the Titi Monkeys one of the evenings I was there and that experience alone you will never have at any hotel in the area. Check out the video he posted online and see for yourself.
The only negative that I could possibly think of was that I did not book more than 4 nights!!!! I should have invited a certain special someone to enjoy this villa with as well. That is exactly what I will do the next time I visit..
Thanks Ad, Marta, Orlando and Jason, you made the final week of my visit to Costa Rica very special, one I am not soon to forget for quite some time!

Room Tip: The upper room is the best in my opinion, but the lower rooms have a bit more privacy if you need th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

When you love to go on vacation with your family and friends and want everyone in the group to be happy for seven or more days, the Jungle Villa is as good as it gets. Each room has a television, but on our recent visit there, we never bothered to turn one on. Not even once!

The stylish centrally located Kitchen was the center of our world where we made world class meals and drinks while overlooking the play of children, geckos, Jesus lizzards, iguanas, tree frogs, vine snakes, three types of monkeys, seven toads that swim in the pool at night, and my Mom. We tried going out to dinner, but all soon agreed that the inexpensive fresh fish, vegetables, and fruit to be had in the market in Quepos could not be beat. Fresh Tuna, Sea Trout, Mahi Mahi, and Marlin were staples of of our diet and we always had more than everyone could eat. I could go on and on about the culinary experience and the food prepared in the kitchen, but in brief, it was the source of great joy. It was also wonderful to have Marta there in the morning to put the whole place back in order. Note: Buy alcohol in in the duty free shop on your way there if you can. It's a great deal.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so I think everyone can see the fun pools and the monkeys etc. but what is difficult to see is how much space this property provides.There is so much room on the main floor and surrounding grounds that even with fourteen people, we never felt crowded in any way. In fact we hosted other friends who were in town as well for drinks and dinner. They were impressed.

I had not expected on having staff in our vacation home and was a little uncomfortable at first with the thought, but after a few days it all felt quite natural. I could get used to this! Marta, Jason and Orlando are quiet folk, but this does not mean that they are not willing to do whatever it takes to make your vacation 100% complete. Next time we visit, I will be more prepared to utilize their talents to make our vacation even easier. Shopping for groceries is fun in a foreign country, but if you have the choice of doing that or going rafting on class 4/5 rapids, ask Orlando to do the shopping for you.

The location of the property in hindsight is ideal. I always love a house on the beach, but in this area there are very few if any there. The main road is over the hills, so this is where the houses, transportation, and shops are and also where you want to be. Walking to the beach was great exercise, and one could always take a bus or taxi back home if not up for walking back up the hill. After a week of living like this, I feel five years younger.

As for the property owner, I cannot say enough. He was our hero. Any question or concern or travel arrangement issue was quickly and promptly addressed and handled with fairness. I very much appreciate and respect his fair and even handed approach and would not hesitate to call on him for any reason. In a foreign country it is good to have a local adviser and he is a capable one.

I now understand that the Villa is often rented by the room and now happily consider this option as well. The space is large beautiful and open, the staff willing and capable, especially if you speak Spanish, and the owner fair, interesting, and knowledgeable. If I were traveling by myself or in a smaller group, I think that the villa would also be a great place from which to see Manuel Antonio and Quepos.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
berlin, Pa, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Our whole party really enjoyed this villa! We did a wedding the week of march 15th,2013 and for us, we couldn't have chosen a better spot! The rooms are comfortable, we were not looking for fancy. Every where you turn, the view is great. From the ocean, to the jungle, to the 3 awesome swimming pools. If you enjoy nature, this is your spot! Very spacious, room for many guests to fit comfortably. There is always staff there to assist you and the house manager is very good at setting up a tour, even last min. We got visits from a family of squirrel monkeys one day, visit from a huge family of white faced monkeys another day, and the cutest frog another day. For as open as the house is, it's surprisingly free of bugs!!!! Very safe, very beautiful, very reasonable rates!!! Loved it.........trip of a lifetime!!!! Thank you Ad and Thierry for helping make our wedding trip easy and memorable!!!

Room Tip: If you chose to get both suites, you have the whole villa to yourself and still not too pricey!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We rented the villa for five days my friend was getting married in cr. wonderful service by the staff!!! A little bit of a language barrier but hey I don't speak Spanish what do you expect. We used translators on our phones it was fine. Location is very close to all the amenities. The three tiered pool is beautiful. We saw two different types of monkeys while staying there. Great open air common areas. No real issues at all. Great views. The bedrooms and bathrooms were fine, ac in the bedrooms worked fine. It was a great first trip to cr. my friends have been to cr several times and said this place is very nice. It is not a hotel but if you want the jungle experience this is a great place for you. Thanks to all the staff you were very helpful and kept the place up. The walk down in is steep so for someone with issues on hills this maybe more complicated. Overall I was very happy with this villa for our stay!

• Stayed March 2013
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Seven of us stayed here ( Friends, kids and grandma) for a week recently. The owner of the home was there when we arrived and we had a nice conversation. We had nightly security and daily maid service... super nice. We found out that the place used to be a restaurant. The pool was amazing, the monkeys were amazing and we never saw a bug... and we WANTED to!
The beds were comfy and not like in Mexico... rooms stayed cool and the breeze from the ocean was perfect.
My only words of caution are that if you can not tolerate stairs and hills don't come. My mom had a tough , tough time... did not bother us at all but she struggled.
The boys loved that the casino was across the street and visited on Super Bowl evening.. how many times can you watch the super bowl in a foreign country.
There were pleanty of pots and pans for cooking, plenty of bottled water and PLENTY of outside space that no one got in each others way.
Being from MN we are used to going up north to cabins and I felt like I was at a cabin in the jungle... The owner was right.. if you want 5 star service and marble floors etc.. don't come here.. if you want to be comfortable and have a relaxed time.. this is the place for you.
Thanks for a comfortable week!

Room Tip: Rent the entire villa.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Grinnell, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

A group of college kids (13 of us!) studying abroad needed a nice place to stay for our week off, and we stumbled upon the Jungle Villa website online. We got great vibes from Ad and decided to book it, and it turned out being pretty cheap for all of us.

The Villa was great, we all cooked in the kitchen each day and lounged in the open air living room with hammocks and couches. The pool was wonderful and was cleaned daily as leaves accumulate during the rainy season. The villa's view of the ocean was gorgeous. When we wanted to go out, everything was within walking distance. There are tons of restaurants very close-by, a very nice supermarket (stocked with american imports) that you can either take the bus to or walk to in about ten minutes, and the bus that takes you down to the beach and national park leaves just 100m from the villa. The national park is a must-see! It boasts one of the most gorgeous little beaches and we saw tons of monkeys when we visited.

The monkeys were by far my favorite part. We had a troupe of squirrel monkeys come multiple times and a lone white-faced monkey showed up a few times as well. Make sure you don't let them come in the living area room because they get really excited and poo on the floor.

There are just a few things that weren't working but they didn't end up bothering us at all. The oven's baking part doesn't work, but there's a convection oven that you can use instead. Also, the water for showering isn't really hot, but it's also not cold. There's a definite difference between the hot water and the cold water, but be aware that it's not hot. However, it never really gets that cold here so the showers were refreshing.

Room Tip: All the rooms were pretty great, but the upstairs seems to be a nicer place to stay if you're tr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

The owner of this villa was so rude during check-in for the week we had booked in February that we opted not to stay there after all. His behavior was upsetting enough that we wasted a large chunk of our vacation time - as well as significant money - finding alternate lodging for our 11-person extended family group. Since this happened, the owner has refused to communicate or acknowledge any of my many messages and attempts to discuss this problem. He has not responded at all. This contrasts to his friendly and prompt replies to all my queries during the year prior to our trip, when he was collecting my thousands of dollars for the prepaid rental fee.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
margaritacr, Owner at Jungle Villa Rooms, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
This party never stayed in the villa.
No villa owner in Manuel Antonio, in Costa Rica or anywhere else in the World will give a refund if guests don't show up on the day of their planned arrival and check-in.

A few hours before the official check-in time a young woman, apparently a daughter of the party's contact person, came to the villa for a tour of the villa. Our staff gave her a tour of this beautiful villa but during the tour she hardly listened to what the staff told her.

She was texting contineously during our tour. When one of our staff members told her this texting was not very polite, she became very upset and left the villa immediately.

Our staff waited for the party that day and the following days but we never heard or saw them during their week-long stay in Costa Rica.

After their return to the States they asked for a full refund although the villa was held available for them the entire week. Nobody else stayed in the villa that week.
No villa owner will give any refund under these circumstances.

Apparently these persons consider it to be rude if you ask them nicely to stop texting because it's not polite to text while you are given a private tour of a villa.

I also have a lovely daughter but if she is upset for whatever reason like in this case, I would pickup the phone or visit the villa and find out what happened and to hear the story from both sides. No idea what the daughter told her mother but our staff treated the daughter at every moment respectfully and our staff was correct to her every single moment she was in the villa.

We never saw any person of this party except the daughter who was given a tour. We never saw her mother who wrote this review and a check-in never took place. The daughter was in the villa for 20 minutes.

Been to Jungle Villa Rooms? Share your experiences!