“Surprisingly great Mexican!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sancho's

Sancho's
50 meters from the soccer field in Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
506-777-0340
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Finally, authentic Mexican food in Costa Rica. Everything on the menu is made fresh daily. Open for lunch and dinner. You can also take it 'to go' or have it delivered, rain, or shine. In our new location, just down the street, we can now accomodate larger parties and more diners. Come enjoy the patio seating and fast friendly service.
Regina, Canada
“Surprisingly great Mexican!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015 NEW

We were staying at a vacation rental close to Sancho's and upon the recommendation of the owner of the rental, we decided to order in Mexican.

When I called to order, the guy who answered the phone was very helpful with suggestions on what to order. In the end we went with nachos, fish taco platter and two enchiladas.

The food was delivered very quickly (less than 15 minutes) and it arrive hot.

There was a lot of food! We probably didn't need to order the nachos! The serving sizes were generous. My enchiladas were EXCELLENT (one chicken and one cheese). The sauce was amazing. I would certainly order them again.

My husband had the fish tacos which he said were very good. He has had fish tacos a number of times since arriving in Costa Rica and this is the first time the fish wasn't deep fried which he appreciated.

I certainly didn't expect to get such great Mexican food in Costa Rica!

• Visited March 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Westlake Village, California
“Big surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2015

We passed by this very small taqueria around 230 pm. We parked our shuttle bus/van on the road and walked in as a family of 15. Heidi, the waitress and co-owner, warmly greeted us and quickly put together almost every table in the place right in the front. We had excellent food and service and a lot of laughs. People came by and took photos of us and also our Alamo shuttle bus that we had wound up with when our cars were not available in San Jose. Heidi responded to all our food and drink orders with a wonderful attitude. The prices were very reasonable and we would definitely suggest this place for a meal, but ,maybe less people unless it is not "rush hour".

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mike Z, Owner at Sancho's, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I wanna thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for coming in and taking the time out of your precious day to write us such a positive review. You guys came in at the prefect time because that's when it's usually slow around 3pm to 5pm. We still would of been able to accommodate you guys during the dinner rush if their was enough tables for you with the same outstanding service but it was nice to be able to soley focus on your large group. Your review was spot on with everything as Heidi and I put our whole lives into Sancho's to try and make everyone's experience with us very positive. It was great chatting with you guys. I also appreciate you guys coming back and placing that big rice and beans order a few days after. Once again thank you guys soooo much and hopefully we will see your family the next time you visit Costa Rica.
Brooklyn, New York
“best salsa and guac”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2015

i was here last week. and i loved your pork taco and my parents took the last of the beer that day.
ohhhhh... your salsa was very good.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
“A regular spot for me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015 via mobile

I live in the Manuel Antonio area and this place is a spot I frequent at least once a week. The portions are huge and the prices are great. My girlfriend and I get the nachos every time and every time we are amazed how good they are and how much they give you. Anytime I have family or friends visit this is a place I recommend to them. Do yourself a flavor and stop by if you are in the area. This place should be higher up on tripadvisor.

Visited February 2015
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

I'm not sure what the previous reviewer is talking about. My family ate there last night and thought it was great! The salsa and guacamole were very good. Definitely recommend if you are looking for inexpensive Mexican food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere