“Great food in a great place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sancho's

Sancho's
50 meters from the soccer field in Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
506-777-0340
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Finally, authentic Mexican food in Costa Rica. Everything on the menu is made fresh daily. Open for lunch and dinner. You can also take it 'to go' or have it delivered, rain, or shine. In our new location, just down the street, we can now accomodate larger parties and more diners. Come enjoy the patio seating and fast friendly service.
“Great food in a great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2014 NEW

The first time we were there we enjoyed a great meal and a couple of beers for a great price. We're returning two years later, and as we expected, nothing has changed.

Despite the location changing the food is still great and the beer is still cold.

If you want a bit of a mexican break you can't do better.

• Visited December 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vancouver, Canada
“Deeelicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014 via mobile

We ate here a couple of weeks ago and loved it. The fish tacos are the best I've had in Costa Rica, hands down! The owner/cook obviously cares a lot about his customers and came out to ask how everything was tasting. The house made chips and salsa were super tasty, as was the veggie burrito. Big portions, good price and nice atmosphere.

Visited December 2014
Mike Z, Owner at Sancho's, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write us such a positive review. I also wanna thank you from the bottom of my heart for visiting us and choosing to dine at Sancho's while on your vacation. You were very spot on with your review. You are right I care about everything that goes on in Sancho's and I'm very pleased it shows. My whole life and then some gets put into Sancho's to make sure every customer loves their whole experience here. Hope to see you guys sometime in the future. I hope all your other experiences in Costa Rica were as positive as Sancho's.
Pura Vida!!
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
“Plenty of food and very tasty !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

I have been wanting to go to est at Sancho´s for a long time and I finally did...!
Wow the food was delicious and the portion was enormous ! We got nachos for two people and could not finished.. !!
The owner Mike is very friendly and even though he was busy at work , he took time to come and ask us if we were enjoying the food....
If you like Mexican food this is the place to go !
The have a good location right on the main road in Manuel Antonio...The restaurant is nothing fancy but it is cute.

• Visited December 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mike Z, Owner at Sancho's, responded to this review, 6 days ago
I wanna thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for finally making it to Sancho's to dine. I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to write us this positive review. It was awesome getting to chat with you guys and I really wanna thank you for noticing the work I put in at Sancho's. I also wanna thank you for constantly giving me a ton of props on how I'm handling business at Sancho's. That means the world to me!! I hope they see to see you guys sometime soon in the future!

Pura Vida !!!
Quepos, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
“Nice Family Owned Restaurant with great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

If you are looking for some great Mexican food with a great family oriented atmosphere, Sancho's is your place! I recently ate lunch here and had the Chile Verde Burrito. Not only was it absolutely delicious, but it was HUUUGE! I basically got two whole meals out it! The service was great, and the family who owns it were so friendly! I chatted with the owner, Mike, for a while about Manuel Antonio and he let me know about some of the other things to do in the area, from tours, to other restaurants, and just Costa Rica living and vacationing in general. He was very helpful from start to finish with more than just our meal! Great people, great food, great prices! Totally worth checking out if you're in Manuel Antonio. Pura Vida!

• Visited November 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Providence, New Jersey
“Fast, plentiful, but I miss the old Sancho's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014

This is the third year that we have visited Manuel Antonio and this gem of a place was on our itinerary every time we visited. This was one of the highlights! We had read that it was under management but were hopeful things had remained the same. Now the value and the portions have but the taste is just not what it used to be! We couldn't put out finger on it but the once flavorful burritos were missing that special something that we had grown accustomed to from this place. They were just ok. Even a bit bland. We wish them the best of luck and hope we can once more write a five star review in the future.

Mike Z, Owner at Sancho's, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Im really sorry to hear about this. My whole life gets put into to Sancho's to make every customer happy and I put my all into the homework to make sure my food is just as good as Marahalls or even better. I been asking a lot of return locals about the food and they say it's better then Marshals now. You guys are in a slim minority if This is your thoughts on Sancho's. When I first took over a year ago it took me a few months to get it figured out and now from public opinion I got it figured out. I'm not sure when you guys visited but according to your review it must of been when I first took over. The food now is better and full of flavor. I hope you guys will give Sancho's another chance so I can prove your opinion wrong. Thanks for voicing your opinion.