“Plenty of food and very tasty !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sancho's

Sancho's
50 meters from the soccer field in Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
506-777-0340
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Finally, authentic Mexican food in Costa Rica. Everything on the menu is made fresh daily. Open for lunch and dinner. You can also take it 'to go' or have it delivered, rain, or shine. In our new location, just down the street, we can now accomodate larger parties and more diners. Come enjoy the patio seating and fast friendly service.
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
“Plenty of food and very tasty !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014 NEW

I have been wanting to go to est at Sancho´s for a long time and I finally did...!
Wow the food was delicious and the portion was enormous ! We got nachos for two people and could not finished.. !!
The owner Mike is very friendly and even though he was busy at work , he took time to come and ask us if we were enjoying the food....
If you like Mexican food this is the place to go !
The have a good location right on the main road in Manuel Antonio...The restaurant is nothing fancy but it is cute.

• Visited December 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Quepos, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
“Nice Family Owned Restaurant with great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014 NEW

If you are looking for some great Mexican food with a great family oriented atmosphere, Sancho's is your place! I recently ate lunch here and had the Chile Verde Burrito. Not only was it absolutely delicious, but it was HUUUGE! I basically got two whole meals out it! The service was great, and the family who owns it were so friendly! I chatted with the owner, Mike, for a while about Manuel Antonio and he let me know about some of the other things to do in the area, from tours, to other restaurants, and just Costa Rica living and vacationing in general. He was very helpful from start to finish with more than just our meal! Great people, great food, great prices! Totally worth checking out if you're in Manuel Antonio. Pura Vida!

• Visited November 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Providence, New Jersey
“Fast, plentiful, but I miss the old Sancho's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014

This is the third year that we have visited Manuel Antonio and this gem of a place was on our itinerary every time we visited. This was one of the highlights! We had read that it was under management but were hopeful things had remained the same. Now the value and the portions have but the taste is just not what it used to be! We couldn't put out finger on it but the once flavorful burritos were missing that special something that we had grown accustomed to from this place. They were just ok. Even a bit bland. We wish them the best of luck and hope we can once more write a five star review in the future.

Mike Z, Owner at Sancho's, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Im really sorry to hear about this. My whole life gets put into to Sancho's to make every customer happy and I put my all into the homework to make sure my food is just as good as Marahalls or even better. I been asking a lot of return locals about the food and they say it's better then Marshals now. You guys are in a slim minority if This is your thoughts on Sancho's. When I first took over a year ago it took me a few months to get it figured out and now from public opinion I got it figured out. I'm not sure when you guys visited but according to your review it must of been when I first took over. The food now is better and full of flavor. I hope you guys will give Sancho's another chance so I can prove your opinion wrong. Thanks for voicing your opinion.
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
“Fast and tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

Real Mex flavor in a country that doesn't do that normally. The salsa verde has some good heat. Check this place out. A burrito is plenty big enough to share if you're not starving. Grab a burro after a great day at the beach.

• Visited November 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mike Z, Owner at Sancho's, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for visiting Sancho's and enjoying the food and experience with us here. I appreciate the 5 star review as that means the world to me. I also appreciate you taking your time out of your day to write this review. My whole life gets put into Sancho's and I'm sure it shows. When I get a 5 star review it keeps me motivated to keep putting in these 15 hour 7 day a week work shifts. Hope to see you guys at Sancho's again in the future. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for this outstanding review.
Danville, California
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

Very small place on Main rd in MA. May have a wait, but worth it!
Nice owner, great food! Open air so can be noisy from buses?

Visited June 2014
Mike Z, Owner at Sancho's, responded to this review, October 25, 2014
I would like to thank you on your visit to Sancho's. I'm am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. This means the world to me as my whole life gets put into Sancho's to make sure customers enjoy the whole experience with us. Sorry if you had to wait a little bit. It must of been absolutely slammed that day. I get food out very fast because I cook everything in the morning and keep it in food warmers all day. Im one of the fastest serving restaurants you will find in Costa Rica. If we are jammed packed and their will be a little wait I always let the customers know how long it will take. Never more then 15 minutes. Yes our outside tables can get noisy but mostly all the customers wanna sit out their because of all the action that goes on. It's very entertaining to people watch while enjoying your meal. If you want quieter seating we have the inside tables. Thank you so much for your review as I take all reviews to heart. Hope to see you in the future at Sancho's!