“Ain't real Mexican food.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sancho's

Sancho's
50 meters from the soccer field in Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
506-777-0340
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Finally, authentic Mexican food in Costa Rica. Everything on the menu is made fresh daily. Open for lunch and dinner. You can also take it 'to go' or have it delivered, rain, or shine. In our new location, just down the street, we can now accomodate larger parties and more diners. Come enjoy the patio seating and fast friendly service.
Kerrville, Texas
“Ain't real Mexican food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014 NEW

It's open occasionally. You can't really count on it being open. I had what was supposed to be a burrito. Cook is from Florida. Nuff said.

Visited September 2014

Quepos, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
“Average Mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

We had been searching for Mexican food in Manuel Antonio. The first tiem we went here January 2014 we just wanted to sample the chips and salsa and have a beer. Service was pretty bad, no liquor license, but salsa was worth another try. It has since changed ownership and when we went back service was much better plus they got a liquor license. But the food is just ok. Still searching...

Visited July 2014
Mike Z, Owner at Sancho's, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Im very happy to hear we gave you better service and you enjoyed the salsa. Im sorry to hear that you thought the food was just ok. Thats something i never like to hear as my goal is to have every customer satisfied from when they walk in till they leave. My goal is to please everyone who dines at Sancho's but sometimes thats just not realistic because people have different tastes. The old owner trained me for a month so i use his ingredients as a base but i added my own flavor to it and customers have been extremely happy. Hopefully you will give us another chance and i can point you in the right direction for what food on the menu is more suited for your taste buds. Thanks for voicing your opinion.
“What a gem of a place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014 via mobile

My 18 year old son and I found this place, as we were staying in a hostel near by. We ended up eating here 3 times, and took a lunch to go, on our way out of town. The owner and his staff were amazing!! They even let us bring our own beer into the restaurant as we enjoyed his burritos!! This review came a bit late, but better late than never

• Visited July 2014
Mike Z, Owner at Sancho's, responded to this review, 6 days ago
I wanna thank you guys so much for frequently visiting Sancho's during your stay in Manuel Antonio. I am so happy to hear you guys enjoyed the food we have to offer. This brings me great joy to hear as i put my blood, sweat, tears and my whole life into Sancho's. Hope to see you and your son next time you take a trip to Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica.
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
“Sanchos Better Taste!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

Sancho's is one of my favorite places to stop and grab a bite to eat. I have been gone from the area for a while, but back again and I knew I tasted something new. Sancho's has food I think has more flavor now that it did in the past! I can't wait to stop in again the fish is so fresh.

• Visited March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Honeymoon pit stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

While on my honeymoon with my gorgeous wife, we stumbled upon Sancho's. We both ate the fish tacos and chips with guacamole. Everything was fantastic! The place was small but very clean and well maintained. Mike and Heidi the owners were very welcoming, we sparked up a great conversation about football. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone! We plan on coming back again soon!

• Visited August 2014